Marketing Project Manager
A bit about us
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
The Marketing Project Manager takes ownership of projects that involve design, development, and/or logistical organization of Marketing initiatives. The Project Manager organizes projects, creates timelines, updates statuses, helps in planning and communications, and assists the teams in finding creative solutions when needed. This person keeps multiple cross-functional teams on target, builds and updates projects in the project management software, manages scope and delivers the project requirements on time.
Plans Long Term
- Works with the Marketing team and department managers to develop long term plans for requested projects, map out launch dates, and help ensure the success of projects and work/life balance of the team members.
- Determines and documents delays in launching or completing projects due to resources.
- Communicates those resource concerns to decision makers and gives recommendations.
- Works with the project requestor to understand project goals, gather requirements and establish milestones that will be used to align resources across departments.
- Determines project kickoff dates and timelines by working with resource managers and team members.
- Facilitates project meetings from initial soft kickoffs, to any team scrums necessary during the project lifecycle.
- Tracks lessons learned and continuously improves templates for future projects.
- Ensures the on-time delivery of projects, by verifying that team members are completing tasks on time and staying within the scope and parameters of the project.
- Determines when design reviews should happen, assigns them as timeline tasks and follows up — confirming the customer of the product is completely satisfied.
- Raises the red flag if the project is running behind and keeps the status up to date inside project management program.
- Ensure project team understands the project objective, deliverables, timelines, and tasks and are committed to meet or exceed the project plan.
- Frequently review teams’ concerns and questions. Develops solutions as necessary.
- Becomes a super user and helps with development of Trek’s project management tool, Workfront.
- Helps team members with the project planning software tool (Workfront) as needed.
- Works with the Manager and key stakeholders to develop processes for cross functional project teams.
- Helps team members understand the development of new processes.
- Reviews process concerns with the Manager.
- Analyzes lessons learned and makes updates to processes as needed. Communicates process updates to appropriate team members.
- Drives improvements in all areas.
- Excels in the communication of project progress and team development.
- Leads best in class meetings, project kickoffs, and scrums.
- Build relationships with customers through frequent communication.
- A minimum of three years of experience in managing projects from conception through
to completion and implementation.
- Experience leading small to midsize cross functional project teams and managing simultaneous projects.
- Experience communicating with all levels of a multitier organization, including
- The ability to work independently.
- Experience managing vendor relationships— advertising agencies, photography studios, print vendors, etc.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
We are an E-Verify employer.