DreamBikes is a non-profit, 501(c)3 organization that strategically places used bicycle stores in low-to-moderate income neighborhoods to provide hands-on, paid job training to teens. Working in conjunction with local youth organizations, DreamBikes employs teens from the area to work in the store; teaching them how to refurbish bicycles, use the POS software, and to deliver great customer service. DreamBikes provides lifelong skills to our teen employees, helping them to shift gears and find a bright future.
We provide young people work experience, open up future job opportunities and to make a difference in their lives, we refurbish used bicycles and return them to the community. We believe these things make our community stronger.
- Assists the Store Manager with the daily operations of DreamBikes and ensures smooth operation in Store Manager’s absence
- Works together with the Store Manager to schedule and facilitate Mobile Outreach Events
- Monitors store supplies and addresses resupply needs
- Coordinates completion of Daily Task List to ensure that store is kept clean, organized, and operating at maximum efficiency
- Assists in bicycle work orders and refurbs
- Assists in our youth program by providing guidance, leadership, and education for Youth Bicycle Mechanic Mentors and Youth Interns
- Utilizes and validates employee instruction timeline to ensure Youth Employees are progressing and building lifelong skills through work experience
- Experience in working on bicycles (knowledge of basic bike mechanic skills required, but stronger experience preferred)
- Experience in mentoring/working with youth
- Must hold valid driver’s license
We are an E-Verify employer.