Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and bicycle related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles for transportation, recreation, and inspiration.
Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We also appreciate new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done quickly, turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bicycle, and have a blast while doing it!
As a Retail Accountant your primary mission is to use JD Edwards and Ascend to provide accounting services for our corporate owned stores. Using your available resources, the help of your teammates and your working knowledge of Ascend and inventory best practices you are the person to provide the retailer with important financial information used in making business decisions. You’ll go above and beyond to provide the best customer service to everyone that you work with. So, in addition to your primary job duties, you’ll be called on and encouraged to help in all areas of our business.
- Perform accounting tasks for Trek owned stores across the US and Canada.
- Verify accuracy of invoices, match to purchase orders, code and approve store Accounts Payable.
- Perform reconciliations on bank and credit card accounts.
- Interpret financial information to make process improvement suggestions.
- Help with all other areas of the business:
- Review our regular system updates to maintain a working knowledge of our solutions and assist with the creation, review and maintenance of our training and support resources.
- Assist with logging and prioritization of bugs and enhancements. Provide feedback as requested on development specifications. Help test new releases as needed.
- General store support.
- Two years of retail accounting experience with the ability to read and comment on Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet reports is required.
- A two year technical degree or higher is required.
- Ideal candidates will have telephone-based customer service experience and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidates should have a working knowledge of desktop Windows operating systems and Office programs, specifically Excel.
- Be available to work shifts during our regular hours of 8 am to 5 pm Central Time, Monday through Friday, as well as 1 weekend per month.
- Experience in retail and with retail management systems is a plus.
- Knowledge of JD Edwards or Ascend is a plus.
- Successful team members are positive and calm in a busy environment. They do more than is asked of them and they work well on their own.
We are an E-Verify employer.