Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration.
Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike and have a blast while doing it!
Are you looking to be part of a motivated team that is pushing the limits of performance; bringing new and innovative solutions to riders everywhere? Do you love solving problems and enjoy the satisfaction of seeing your work in customers hands? Do you want to work within a culture that embraces continuous learning and development of new skills through exposure to evolving opportunities? Trek’s City bike engineering team is looking for a candidate to come work in our inspiring work together environment committed to delivering life changing technologies to family and users of our teams’ products.
- Work with our creative and passionate team of City bike engineers, product managers, industrial designers, graphic designer, and brand managers.
- Lead technical design and development from concept phase into production.
- Deliver integrated design packages to our production teams and collaborate with them to turn ideas into reality.
- Develop Evaluation Plans and be able to characterize and communicate evaluation objectives based on inputs like theoretical data, lab data and rider perception.
- Serve as a technical resource to other departments.
- Travel as necessary both domestically and internationally.
- Bring skills and experiences that will help lead Trek in creating meaningful and innovative solutions for family around the globe.
- Understanding of how to design plastic components with considerations of manufacturing process constraints, resin property, fitment, and fastening.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with 3+ years of experience specifically in product development.
- Experience engineering mechanical system with integrated electronic components and modules. This includes defining performance requirements for such systems.
- Have led multiple project cycles from concepting through production.
- Experience with system test development for mechanical and electrical systems.
- Design for manufacturing using carbon and aluminum, tube forming, welding, forging, CNC, and casting along with a basic understanding of manufacturing costs.
- Experience using CAD modeling software (preferably Solidworks or OnShape) to create 3D models and 2D engineering drawings, including the ability to understand and apply GD&T methodology.
- Strong knowledge in structural analysis, design failure risk analysis, test plan creation, test result trouble shooting, and creation of technical documentation & reporting.
- Eagerness to take a hands-on approach to prototyping and learning or identifying problems.
- Ability to bring a creative approach to solving open ended technical problems.
- Experience working with and communicating within a cross functional global team.
- Strong passion for continuous improvement to product, processes, and yourself
Flexible and fun company culture
Competitive health care
Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
Competitive vacation package
Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
Employee discounts on all product
Deep partner retail discounts
We are an E-Verify employer.