A bit about us
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
As a Retail Accountant your primary mission is to use JD Edwards and Ascend to provide accounting services for our corporate owned stores. Using your available resources, the help of your teammates and your working knowledge of Ascend and inventory best practices you are the person to provide the retailer with important financial information used in making business decisions. You’ll go above and beyond to provide the best customer service to everyone that you work with. So, in addition to your primary job duties, you’ll be called on and encouraged to help in all areas of our business.
- Perform accounting tasks for Trek owned stores across the US and Canada.
- Verify accuracy of invoices, match to purchase orders, code and approve store Accounts Payable.
- Perform reconciliations on bank and credit card accounts.
- Interpret financial information to make process improvement suggestions.
- Help with all other areas of the business:
- Review our regular system updates to maintain a working knowledge of our solutions and assist with the creation, review and maintenance of our training and support resources.
- Assist with logging and prioritization of bugs and enhancements. Provide feedback as requested on development specifications. Help test new releases as needed.
- General store support.
- Two years of retail accounting experience with the ability to read and comment on Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet reports is required.
- A two year technical degree or higher is required.
- Ideal candidates will have telephone-based customer service experience and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidates should have a working knowledge of desktop Windows operating systems and Office programs, specifically Excel.
- Be available to work shifts during our regular hours of 8 am to 5 pm Central Time, Monday through Friday, as well as 1 weekend per month.
- Experience in retail and with retail management systems is a plus.
- Knowledge of JD Edwards or Ascend is a plus.
- Successful team members are positive and calm in a busy environment. They do more than is asked of them and they work well on their own.
Flexible and fun company culture
Competitive health care
PPO & HDHP medical plan options, Dental insurance, Vision insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Free life insurance & optional term life insurance
Competitive vacation package
401(k) with match and Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOP)
12 weeks of maternity leave with 100% pay
Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
Employee discounts on all product
Deep partner retail discounts
We are an E-Verify employer.