Country Manager - Trek, South Africa
Headquartered in Waterloo, Wisconsin, Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, sport and inspiration.
Our mission is to create products we love, provide incredible hospitality, and to change the world by getting more people on bikes. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
Our Trek South Africa office has been a subsidiary office since 2016 supporting dealers who sell Trek and Bontrager throughout the country.
Ride Bikes, Have Fun, Feel Good https://www.trekbikes.com
THE ROLE [DESCRIPTION: abilities required, challenges, responsibilities, goals to achieve - FOLLOWS EXAMPLE
The Country Manager will develop business objectives, build growth plan and oversee operations for Trek Bicycle Corporation in South Africa. Direct and co-ordinate overall effort of the company in order to achieve company growth goals.
Overall responsibility/accountability (Budget, Sales, HR, Logistics, Commercial, Fiscal & Legal support) of entire operation for South Africa.
- Provide leadership and oversight for all company operations
- Key focus on Sales, Distribution and Marketing
- Lead, coach & develop a high performing team
- Support development of an effective network of competent and committed retailers
Sales & Marketing:
- Overall accountability for company strategic plans and results.
- Achieve and exceed established monthly, quarterly and annual profit, revenue, and cash goals.
- Oversee implementation of marketing plans/strategy across the market.
- Identification and development of effective retail network
- Providing monthly reports to management; definition, implementation and follow up of sales KPIs
- Maintain and develop strong client relationships by providing excellent customer service.
- Establish a retail network aligned to Trek’s global standards
- Utilize market share data and demographic data to identify retail opportunities
- Ensure proper representation of our brands to enhance the consumer experience
- Consult with retailers to assist them with their business success
- Create a positive working environment build on a culture of ownership and empowerment
- Recruit, develop and lead a team of successful people that align with our culture.
- Provide guidance and oversight of the team, working with them to improve performance and capabilities.
- Set targets for the team and monitor performance against goals.
- Develop a cohesive and robust distribution structure facilitating effective supply of product.
- Actively engage in sales and operations planning process
- Develop effective retailer program and pricing strategies to grow market share
- Maintain inventory at optimum level to ensure customer demand is covered
- Partner with Financial Controller to effectively manage cash position, continual improvement of business processes, and effective handling of creditors/debtors
EXPERIENCE AND KNOW HOW EXPECTED OF THE INCUMBENT:
- University education in accounting, economics, marketing or other business-related field
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience as a general manager or equivalent position
- Ideal candidate will have experience in outdoor, sports industry or high-end luxury consumer products company
- Prior experience in a marketing or sales role for a minimum of 5 years
- Experience in working with a US based company. Must be willing/able to travel.
PERSONAL COMPETENCIES: [DESCRIPTION: individual relevant aspects: skills and behavior expected, personality
- Ability to set vision and create strategy
- Proven experience in achieving goals
- Impatience to achieve change
- Able to perform detailed work while managing the direction of the company
- Collaboration and teamwork with global partners
- Ability to coach and mentor team to grow and develop
- Bring positive energy to motivate team to tackle the biggest opportunities
- History of breaking down barriers for staff to achieve their goals
- Proven record of making hard decisions
- Able to confront organizational, employee and your own personal weaknesses
- Teach Trek values and lead by example
- Strong presentation skills
- Bicycle product knowledge, and able to live the brand
- Ability to manage change
- Strong oral and written language skills
We are an E-Verify employer.