Campus Environmental Graphic Designer
A bit about us:
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
What you'll do:
Trek is seeking an Environmental Graphic Designer for full-time employment at our global headquarters located just minutes from Madison, Wisconsin.
The Environmental Graphic Designer will be responsible for developing and producing a variety of 3D graphic treatments for application in interior spaces. You will work closely with the Design Strategist, Retail Environmental Graphic Design Manager, Project Manager, Brand designers and others to develop strong visual themes and represent the Trek brand identity in space. This position will be involved in all phases of the design process from conceptual development through artwork production.
40% Headquarters (or Workplace) Environmental Design:
Concept, collaborate and develop 3-dimensional graphics with the understanding of how graphics and interior design work cohesively together. Apply knowledge of layout principles, aesthetic design concepts, typography, branding, all types of substrates, and fixtures. Example deliverables include interior and exterior signage, wayfinding, large format displays, wall murals and more.
Designer will be responsible for new campus graphics in all areas of the building from original development to ongoing maintenance. When applicable, this position will support the Retail environmental design and production.
30% Production and Implementation:
Ability to manage multiple projects (40+) under tight deadlines. Execute high-quality, print-ready files for environmental design concepts. Ability to communicate concepts and solutions through drawings and verbal communication in all phases of the process, to ensure the design is executable. Clear understanding and knowledge of substrates to secure proper 3D specifications for the project, budget and retail space. Build and maintain vendor communications to ensure execution of design.
30% Quality Assurance:
Understand and execute all phases of the design process from production to installation. Ensure deliverables for all 2D and 3D elements are executable and clearly communicated to guarantee they are accurately fabricated and installed. Examples include documentation to vendor, production files, substrate specification, quantities, and special instructions
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Fine Art, Architecture or related design discipline is required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience within a creative team or corporate department working with 3D graphic design as it applies to space.
- Experience researching and selecting substrates for 3D applications.
- Experience producing large format graphic and display applications.
- Must be comfortable working collaboratively with designers to execute projects. Must be able to organize and self-manage multiple projects and deadlines at one time.
- Ability to quickly grasp project programs, parameters, brand standards and templates while being sensitive to established creative integrity.
- Proficient in graphic design applications including Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Microsoft Office Suite is required. Skills in Bluebeam, Sketchup or Adobe CAD Tools is a plus.
- Willing to learn and apply new processes, methods and tools on the job.
- Ability to share knowledge with the team to strengthen overall capacity to take on work.
- Effective written, drawn and verbal communication.
- Ability to maintain and meet deadlines.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal members and outside vendors to make decisions independently.
- Have a high standard of quality, holding yourself accountable for everything that leaves your production.
We are an E-Verify employer.