Trade Compliance Manager
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration.
Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike and have a blast while doing it!
Position Summary/Job Description:
As a member of our Global Trade & Logistics team, the Trade Compliance Manager will develop, implement, and manage processes to support global trade compliance. The Trade Compliance Manager will direct Trek’s U.S. import and export compliance initiatives and trade operations, assessing risk and implementing processes as necessary.
- Guide and manage processes to support the execution of HTS classification, country of origin determination, valuation, free trade agreements, and other critical trade compliance functions.
- Manage and maintain customs broker trade operations processes and key performance indicators.
- Audit North America entry data. Assess opportunities to reduce risk of error.
- Manage US post entry processes to final liquidation on through to duty drawback.
- Guide export compliance activities including denied party screening and licensing determination.
- Direct and lead Trek’s US Duty Drawback program.
- Evaluate and resolve potential trade compliance risks.
- Develop internal training program to support trade compliance initiatives and requirements.
- Establish and implement corrective and preventative actions through continuous improvement initiatives.
- Create and implement standard operating policies and procedures for trade compliance.
- Other requirements to support Trek’s trade compliance program, as needed or identified.
- Bachelor’s degree in international business, supply chain or related field.
- U.S. Customs Brokerage license required.
- 8-10 years’ progressive experience in a corporate import/export compliance setting required.
- Comprehensive understanding of U.S. Customs regulations, Partner Government Agencies, and customs brokerage is essential.
- Continuous improvement experience preferred.
- Proficient with current Microsoft Office programs. Intermediate Excel proficiency preferred.
- Detail oriented, with exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and on teams.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task varied projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively across multi-functional teams.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic; accepts accountability and responsibility for actions.
Flexible and fun company culture
Competitive health care
Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
Competitive vacation package
Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
Employee discounts on all product
Deep partner retail discounts
We are an E-Verify employer.