Field Marketing Representative Position
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems, and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration. Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike and have a blast while doing it!
The Trek Field Marketing Rep is the person on the ground, in the trenches and on the road that carries the message of the best bicycle company in the world to the masses. Field Marketing Reps are responsible for making sure that Trek marketing initiatives are put into play and goals are met in Spain and Portugal. The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of the e-bike market and product.
- Responsible on the field of the Trek presence at events and demos in Spain and Portugal. Accountable for setting Trek events exhibition securely, matching the highest standards and on time
- Actively participate in brand building through: selling events, seasonal marketing campaigns, store openings, product demonstrations and other marketing events.
- Responsible for technical building up and maintenance of media bikes and demo to the highest standards.
- Coordinate with sales, marketing, retail services, retailers and event organizers to ensure marketing objectives and needs are being addressed at the retail level
- Work with sales and marketing team in the development of seasonal marketing plans, product line presentations and regional marketing opportunities
- Keep and maintain an accurate inventory of your fleet and schedule of events online
The position of Field Marketing Representative requires that the successful rep conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times as an important representative of Trek Bicycles and the retailers that sell Trek products. Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Have a working knowledge of all competitive brands and bike technologies in the marketplace
- Secure required event permits and event insurance
- Provide regular reports detailing marketing activity in the territory for both Trek and the competition
- Handle visibility items stocks for events and dealer support
An ideal candidate will have the following qualifications or equivalent skills
- 3+ years of marketing, sales or mechanical experience in the cycling, or related field
- 2+ years bicycle mechanical skills or completed basic maintenance course. Bicycle store experience preferred but not required
- Medium computer skills proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet navigation and reporting
- B2 English skills required. Other second languages preferred but not required.
- Must be friendly, outgoing and able to speak comfortably to any group size
- Enjoy traveling as a major component of the job
- Intermediate to Advanced Riding skills (road and mountain)
- Post-secondary education graduate preferred but not required
- Driving license B with large van driving skills. Trailer towing experience preferred but not required
- Must be able to pass physical and lift 25kgs
We are an E-Verify employer.