Engineering Systems Analyst
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration.
Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike and have a blast while doing it!
The Engineering Systems Analyst plays an important role in the efficiency and accuracy of Trek’s New Product Development (NPD) process.
The primary responsibility of this role is ensuring the Engineering systems/tools are up to date with latest technology trends and meet the needs of our product development teams.
- Manage CAD/PDM Servers - 100% uptime, Growth/Sizing Strategy
- Manage file replication configuration - files are secure and quickly accessible with minimal footprint
- Manage and execute CAD/PDM upgrades - the latest versions are available to users right away
- Manage non-CAD Engineering Data applications and storage – non-CAD data is organized and streamlined
- Manage migration of CAD data from start to finish – map data, write migration scripts, run tests, record metrics, etc
- Design and implement new PDM workflows
- Provide advanced troubleshooting of CAD/PDM issues - users have no roadblocks
- Create new features/add-ins in CAD/PDM tools to ensure we are using the tools in the best way possible
- Design and implement legacy CAD storage strategy
- Manage implementation projects of new engineering tools – from Concept to Training/Documentation
- Partner with the Chief Engineering team to stay ahead of software needs
- Write scripts/reports out of PDM database and/or other engineering applications
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, engineering or a related field
- Engineering system configuration and implementation experience, specifically with CAD, PDM, and PLM solutions such as Solidworks, Enterprise PDM, Enovia, Simulia
- 5+ years of Engineering/IT experience
- 3+ years of experience Managing CAD/PDM Servers
- Experience in multi CAD tool environment a plus
- Proficient in Solidworks PDM Professional (SQL, VB.net, etc)
- Proficient in other programming languages (python, etc.)
- Experience working with IT infrastructure team (e.g. networks, servers, databases, break/fix)
- Functional business experience in Engineering data/processes (parts, bills of material, CAD, etc)
Additional desired skills and responsibilities:
- Analytical/Process minded AND creative thinker
- Self-motivated problem solver
- Patient and open minded
- Ability to find new ways to communicate
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal
- Positive, collaborative, inclusive and flexible
- Highly organized with attention to detail and strong follow through
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Bi/Multi-Lingual a plus (English, German, Mandarin)
- Position is onsite and may require travel at times
Flexible and fun company culture
Competitive health care
Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
Competitive vacation package
Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
Employee discounts on all product
Deep partner retail discounts
We are an E-Verify employer.