Junior Localization Project Manager
A bit about us
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
The Junior Localization Project Manager works closely with content creators, translators, IT, marketing, sales, and outside agencies to facilitate timely, trouble-free translation and localization of product and marketing copy.
Translation/Proofing coordination (75%)
- Daily project management, including analysis of source content, project initiation and planning, managing linguist and in-country reviewer teams, and constant communication with business DRIs and project sponsors
- Coordinate with content administration team to ensure in-language revisions are made correctly in Trek’s content management system(s)
- Calmly and confidently plan, execute, and manage multiple timelines to ensure high-quality translations on deadline
- Monitor and communicate status of projects to localization manager and appropriate teams
- Ensure strict adherence to Trek brand and quality standards
Process management (25%)
- Apply Trek’s localization practices, working with linguists, reviewers and DRIs to maximize quality and internal client satisfaction while minimizing budget, and with the localization manager to evolve and improve processes
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years of localization/translation experience
- Proficiency in CAT tools such as GlobalLink, SDL Trados Studio, or Wordfast
- Experience in product content management and databases
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong attention to detail at both the content and project level
- Ability to work and problem-solve independently and resourcefully
We are an E-Verify employer.