Headquartered in Waterloo, Wisconsin, Trek Bicycle Corporation is a global leader in bicycle design and manufacturing. From the original hand-built steel touring frames introduced in 1976 to the revolutionary OCLV Carbon first introduced in 1992, Trek’s passion for innovation, quality, and performance leads the industry with next-generation thinking and cutting-edge technology. Today, with a broad range of bicycles and cycling products under the Trek and Bontrager brand names, Trek continues to pursue new ways to bring the joy of cycling to all people.
The financial controller will be responsible for the finance function within the subsidiary business in South Africa. Overall responsibility will include all aspects of Financial and Management reporting for the South African business as well as involvement in retailer business education. The financial controller will work with a cross-functional team to ensure the business runs efficiently and profitably. Being the country financial controller of an international organization, there will be occasions which require working outside normal business hours to attend teleconferences or meetings.
- Planning and Implementation of the financial and fiscal structure for Trek operations in South Africa.
- Manage the finance, accounting, financial reporting, internal audit, risk management, operating and capital budget, tax, payroll, information technology and reporting systems.
- Lead and support budget development and performance metrics.
- Develop, analyze, package, and implement strategic projects
- Perform timely and insightful financial and operational analyses and present the related data.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Provide visibility to and maximize profitability
- Financial analysis of margins and business performance
- Budget Creation & Control
- Working capital management
- Sales support and analysis
- Financial Planning
- Business Strategies and process reviews, implementation
- Fiscal/Tax management
- Annual audit, reporting & consolidation
- Operations and logistics oversight
- Statutory reporting and audit support
- Key management support to Country Manager
- Optimize the operation and financial controls in accordance with the characteristics of the business environment in South Africa.
- Develop the framework for a long term, profitable business in a growing cycling market.
- Chartered Accountant or CPA preferred.
- 8 year+ accounting experience in commerce/business.
- Public Accounting experience preferred.
- Experience in audit, controls and financial reports.
- Experience in completing VAT and Payroll tax lodgments.
- Practical general finance, tax and accounting experience.
- Experience in explaining accounting concepts to non-accountants.
- Experience supervising other staff members and conducting training sessions.
- US GAAP & IFRS
- Understanding of SA Human resource laws
- Excellent project management skills and organization
- Ability to work to and meet deadlines
- Ability to get into detailed work where necessary
- Sound business acumen
- Passion for excellence and a distain for bureaucracy
- Accountability and commitment
- Thinks and acts globally
- Open to ideas from anywhere and sees positive change as opportunity
- Enormous energy and the ability to energize others
- Keen cyclist and knowledge of bicycles is desirable
We are an E-Verify employer.