A bit about us
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
What you’ll do
Trek is looking to add the right person to join our finance team as a Staff Accountant. This position will have the ability to make a meaningful impact to a great company. The Staff Accountant will report directly to the Director of Accounting and Tax and is located in Waterloo, WI. We are looking for a self-motivated, organized, analytical and detail-oriented individual to fill this role. Candidate should be hungry to get their hands in the details and be able to effectively construct, manage and communicate the results of their analysis.
- Ad hoc domestic accounting reconciliations including domestic cash recons
- Own global fixed asset responsibilities including CapEx budget, forecast and actual reporting
- Contribute to monthly closes and submission of accurate financial results
- Ad hoc domestic profit & loss business unit responsibility for budget, forecast, and actuals
- Assist with annual audit, providing support schedules, fielding inquiries, and coordinating auditor requests
- Help standardize accounting treatment, procedures and policy for balance sheet account reconciliations items
- Drive reporting and process improvements
- Provide as needed ad-hoc analysis including accounting research for GAAP compliance
- Support the Consolidations Manager on Master Data responsibilities
- Create & complete global projects with Trek’s subsidiary offices as needed
- Perform variety of ad-hoc assignments
Education and Qualifications:
- 2 – 6 years experience combined in public accounting and/or working in global business
- Exhibited competence in previous experience of all aspects of general ledger accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- CPA preferred; not required
- Ability to drive strong processes and controls
- Exceptional time management skills
- Ability to manage the details but also communicate with and influence senior leaders
We are an E-Verify employer.