Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration. Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike, and have a blast while doing it!
Trek Bicycle is looking for an experienced project manager to establish and lead enterprise-wide, cross functional strategic initiatives. This role will lead a variety of different types of projects. This position involves coordinating projects across multiple internal and external teams to ensure a quality product is delivered on time and budget.
Trek IT believes in crafted software, in end-to-end ownership of products and fast iterations, and provides a flexible work environment. Our approach to software development is to use the best tool for the job, often taking advantage of the latest technology to solve complex problems.
A successful Project Manager will:
- Be accountable for defining, planning, orchestrating, and delivering on a given strategic initiative
- Drive internal and external alignment around product vision set by the product owner
- Directly manage all aspects of the project lifecycle and works with team members to oversee all software development lifecycle phases of the project
- Manage scope to ensure commitments are achieved within the agreed upon time, cost, and quality parameters
- Serve as a subject matter expert by routinely briefing key stakeholders on different aspects of the project and related initiatives
- Execute even when there is ambiguity and/or limited information
- Propose recommendations and adjustments as needed
- Coordinate with key stakeholders among cross-functional teams
- Deliver regular project status updates
- Develop timelines, integrated project plans, contingency plans, and related project management artifacts
- Lead core team as well as other project related meetings and discussions across teams
- Be a focused and versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- A minimum of 3 years project management experience required
- Sound business and technical acumen
- Proven ability to:
- Mobilize and motivate teams
- Set direction and approach
- Resolve Conflict
- Deliver touch messages with grace
- Earn the trust of stakeholders and sponsors
- Ability to communicate at all levels both with clarity and precision
- Experience with stake holder management
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Experience directing large-scale, complex projects involving internal and external team members
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management and software development lifecycle methodologies and tools
- Experience using the Atlassian suite and Microsoft Teams to run projects is a plus
We are an E-Verify employer.