Retail Marketing Manager
A bit about us
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
The Retail Marketing manager is responsible for the strategy and tactics of retail marketing campaigns, promotional activities, and local marketing for Trek owned retail stores. The primary goals of the retail marketing team are to drive traffic to Trek retail locations, keep riders riding and deliver amazing hospitality to end customers. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in digital marketing, as well as years of experience either at retail or in retail marketing.
- Determine the retail components and activations of Trek marketing campaigns. Coordinate with other key areas in retail (e.g., operations, design) and the brand team to ensure that all details are dialed.
- Communicate with marketing, retail and store managers to ensure everyone knows what is going on from a retail perspective.
- Implement effective marketing in the digital space which increases awareness of Trek retail stores in and ultimately drives traffic into Trek retail locations.
- Implement effective in-store marketing by collaborating with store designers and visual merchandisers.
- Propose new test-and-learn marketing opportunities.
- Work closely with the Trek Connect Retail Marketing team to offer marketing initiatives to independent bicycle retailers.
- Create, track and report on results of retail marketing activities and promotions. Evolve and improve marketing activities based on results.
- Solve individual store business needs with local marketing solutions, leading a team of two local marketing coordinators.
- 5+ years’ experience in retail marketing; 3+ years’ digital marketing experience
- Knowledgeable about SEO, analytics, social media, email marketing, and websites
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Proven history of creating and launching effective marketing campaigns
- Self-directed, disciplined, high-energy, pro-active work ethic
- Excellent project management and prioritization skills with a clear focus on results
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel to stores up to 20% once it is safe to do so.
We are an E-Verify employer.