UI UX Designer
A bit about us
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
As the UI/UX Designer on the Connected Product team your primary focus will be delivering user focused connected product experiences that are intuitive to use and elegant to engage. You will work on connected products that range across mobile, desktop, native apps, in-store and bike computer displays. You should be comfortable with multiple projects at the same time while moving at a fast pace, always doing high-quality work with a positive outlook.
You will be part of the Connected Product team, working closely with product managers, industrial designers, engineers and software developers to deliver best in class rider focused digital solutions. You will leverage the rider and dealer research that you do with those teammates to create multiple design concepts that will be presented to and evaluated by key stakeholders. You will effectively solicit feedback and translate that into design refinements that deliver the intuitive elegance that our connected products require.
- As a UI/UX Designer, candidates must have the ability to lead, consult, or manage multiple UI/UX projects, as well as work on highly complex projects that require in-depth knowledge across multiple specialized business domains.
- Create and maintain visual controls that show the status and trajectory of their work, and how that work fits into the Global Trek Bike Connected Product roadmap.
- Work with mechanical engineers, industrial designers, firmware engineers and user interface developers to design the visual aspects of connected product user interfaces.
- Contribute to a visual and interaction design system used across Trek Bicycle products
- Communicate designs visually using software, mock-ups, prototypes, guidelines, specifications, presentations and discussions
- Participate in discussions relative to the future direction of design and user experience for Trek Bicycle products
- Research and evaluate emerging design, technology, industry, and market trends. Provide recommendations based on that research.
- Creates visual design specifications/documentation that provide detailed instructions for developers regarding functionality requirements and other aspects of a product's user interface
- Creates multiple variations of design components to explore how different treatments or ideas meet design requirements and brand/experience goals
- A strong portfolio showcasing a breadth of design experience and successful executions is mandatory.
- Strong visual design skills with proven ability to create beautiful responsive designs.
- Hands-on experience in product development from a design perspective.
- You understand lifestyle brands, mobile design, you love the big picture but have a great eye for detail.
- Uses an understanding of people (users, customers, suppliers, colleagues, leaders) as a primary motivation for design ideas. Demonstrates the ability to extract and communicate how customer groups are thinking and feeling.
- Proficient in designing and prototyping in Figma or Sketch, as well doing research with tools like Optimal Workshop.
- Familiar with usability testing & qualitative research methods, experimentation & A/B testing, quantitative research, and other common UX research methods
- Team player with excellent communication skills
Flexible and fun company culture
Competitive health care
PPO & HDHP medical plan options, Dental insurance, Vision insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Free life insurance & optional term life insurance
Competitive vacation package
401(k) with match and Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOP)
12 weeks of maternity leave with 100% pay
Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
Employee discounts on all product
Deep partner retail discounts
We are an E-Verify employer.