Business Support Assistant
About the Company
Headquartered in Waterloo, Wisconsin, USA Trek Bicycle Corporation is a global leader in the design and manufacturing of bicycles and related products. From the original hand-built steel touring frames introduced in 1976 to the revolutionary OCLV Carbon first introduced in 1992, Trek’s passion for innovation, quality, and performance leads the industry with next-generation thinking and cutting-edge technology.
Trek bikes have been used to climb mountains, cross streets and compete in cycling’s grandest event, the Tour de France. Today, with a broad range of bicycles and cycling products under the Trek, Bontrager and Electra brand names, Trek continues to pursue new ways to bring the joy of cycling to all people. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation and inspiration.
The company has grown about 70% in a decade and has sales of USD1bn. Trek bicycles are marketed through 1,700 dealers across North America, subsidiaries in Europe and Asia as well as distributors in 90 countries worldwide.
Position: Business Support Assistant
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
About the role:
We are looking for a highly organised, confident, self-starter who can bring a great energy to the team and must have proven experience working in a busy environment. Attention to detail showing logical decision making and initiative is essential. This is a fast-paced role in a busy environment in which deadlines can be tight. This will require an ability to react quickly to change and the skills to juggle multiple priorities and an ability to take ownership for ensuring completion of own tasks and coordination of projects are completed to deadlines to the highest standards.
- Hospitality coordination including hosting visitors, booking flights/transport and hotels for events and visitors
- Order processing
- Own, coordinate, process and track all aspects of product samples
- Updating reports when necessary
- Dealing with internal and external business support queries
- Dealing with facilities arrangements when required
- Assisting with the build-up and break down of Trek shows and events
- Sourcing supplies for the office and for events
- Processing mail-outs
- General administrative duties including filing, managing outgoing post, answering the phone, manning the reception for events and providing general support to the business as required
- Experience in Microsoft office including Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal English language
- Excellent customer service skills and committed to delivering best in class customer service at all times
- Proactive self-starter who works well in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organised and able to manage workload through good time management skills
- Ability to accept ownership for accomplishing tasks and meeting deadlines
- Able to work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as collaboratively in teams, cross functionally and globally
- Innovative and able to think of creative solutions to problems
- Can-do attitude and ability to react to change quickly
- Ability to work to implement and improve department processes
If you would like to apply for the above position, please click ‘Apply’ and attach your CV and ensure you also include a cover letter detailing why you are the right candidate for the role.
We are an E-Verify employer.