Project Manager in Asia
The responsibility of the Project Manager is to make sure all details of each project are completed for on time delivery. The primary areas of responsibility are to oversee the projects they have been given. This means leading project meetings, pulling together project specifications, budget tracking, resource tracking. As our Project Manager in Asia you will work closely with the Project Team in Waterloo, Wisconsin U.S.A. on not only following up on your projects, but also meeting with suppliers on other critical projects. You will need to learn, develop, implement and utilize tools that allow for lead-time reductions in Trek’s product development process (PDM systems, Project Management software, and departmental standards). Mentor, coach, and train cross functional teams in the product development process (PDP).
Degree: Bachelor’s degree in business, communication or related field.
- 3-5 years’ experience in project management preferred
- Experience dealing with Asian Suppliers
- Master’s Certificate in Project Management or PMP Certification, preferred
Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
- Energetic and fantastic follow-up a must!!
- Proficient mechanical aptitude helpful
- Proficient Project management aptitude essential
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills -able to interact competently with internal/external contacts
- Professional attitude, image, demeanor. Confidentiality
- Attitude that fosters continuous improvement.
- Attitude that fosters the belief that “quality” is everyone’s business.
- Proficient planning and organization skills, initiative, accountability, detail oriented.
- Able to use judgment and independent thinking in the resolution of issues and in the interpretation of data.
- Must be able to bring examples of the ability to meet deadlines and manage a project through completion
- Competent with time management, deadlines, managing multiple projects at same time
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions.
- Ability to win over difficult personalities.
- Must be able to travel as required
- Will be required to stay in the U.S for a few months for training
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel) The Project manager will also be required to possess the following skills:
- Microsoft Project or a background in using a project management tracking system (Workfront is the current program we are using)
- Database management and report generation
- Basic Metric reporting
- Responsible for coordinating cross functional project teams in order to deliver solutions to our customers that consistently exceed expectations, are on time and are within budget.
- Responsible for working with the Program Manager in maintaining a highly competent, well trained and motivated staff.
- Responsible for promoting company culture and sustaining a high level of morale, job satisfaction, and employee retention.
- Responsible for working with the Program Manager to assure that the company maintains a leadership role in the industry, that the company always employs the most current best practices, and the company is strategically positioned to grow and retain competitive advantage.
- Responsible for participating in business development and quality assurance as directed by Director of Engineering and Director of Program Management.
- Responsible for documenting and communicating the status of project timelines to all levels of the organization.
- Responsible for learning and using our program management tool, Workfront.
- Responsible for the direct supervision and overall leadership to the engineers related to his/her segment. This supervision includes assignment and scheduling of work, monitoring of performance, coaching and mentoring, and assurance of the overall quality of the work performed by the engineers.
- Responsible for the assisting the Director of Engineering or the Category’s manager in the preparation and deliverance of the annual performance review for engineers in his/her group. You will be a part of their 360 review.
- Works directly Manufacturing (Supplier or Trek), Manufacturing Engineering, Marketing, Product, Purchasing etc.
- Work with Trek legal department pertaining with patents and related issues for new and existing product.
- Assist in new supplier qualification when necessary.
- Miscellaneous duties not described within this description. Physical requirements as outlined below:
- Maintains a constant awareness of safety as it pertains to the plant and office environment as well as product safety and quality.
- In a standard workday this person will be required to sit 60%, stand 10%, walk 25%, and lift 5%.
- This individual will be required to lift materials weighing 1-30 pounds occasionally. Repetitive use of hands for fine manipulation
- Visual requirements include the ability to read blueprints, computer printouts, computer Spreadsheet applications, and be comfortable working on a CAD terminal.
- This individual may have to wear personal protective equipment, which could include safety glasses, or safety shoes/boots, depending upon the nature of the work assignment.
We are an E-Verify employer.