Software Engineer - BCycle
Trek BCycle is a bike share system that’s revolutionizing the way people use public transportation. Bike share is a unique solution to the environmental, health, and transportation infrastructure challenges that face modern communities. It’s our mission to partner with campuses, corporations, and municipalities of all sizes to implement and maintain bike share systems that complement and improve existing transportation infrastructure. We do so with best-in-class bike share equipment and a multi-tier software platform.
BCycle is looking for a mid to senior-level Software Engineer who will enthusiastically learn and work with BCycle’s tech stack. BCycle’s bike share ecosystem is built on top of a variety of technology such as embedded firmware, kiosk software, web services, and mobile experiences. This position provides expertise in architecting, developing, enhancing, and maintaining the software powering that ecosystem.
A successful Sr/Mid Software Engineer will:
- Architect, code, create test plans, debug and document software across all layers of our architecture.
- Collaborate with other engineers, quality assurance, and product to ensure BCycle continues to provide best-in-class software for our operators and end users
- Participate in deployments and on-call rotations.
- Communicate clearly and approach problems with curiosity and humility.
- Be an active listener.
- Ensure architectural, business, coding, design, and quality standards are adhered to by yourself and your teammates
- Be responsible for the quality and timeliness of your own work
- Stay current with the latest development technologies, methods, and tools
- Be self-motivated and require minimal supervision
- Actively participate in sprint ceremonies such as daily standups and retrospectives Be energized to tackle a rapidly changing problem space—bike share changes fast!!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- 2+ years professional experience with .Net C# is required
- Experience with Microsoft Azure is required
- SQL and general database knowledge required
- Exceptional business & technical listening, oral, and written skills required
- API design and development experience is required
- Identity management with oAuth 2.0 experience is required
- HTML5 front-end development experience is a plus
- AWS experience is a plus
- Docker experience is a plus
- IoT/Firmware development experience is a plus
- Sitefinity experience is a plus
- MVC experience is a plus
- Android/iOS development experience is a plus
- Experience with agile methodologies is a plus
We are an E-Verify employer.