Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration. Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike, and have a blast while doing it!
Trek Bicycle is looking for a DevOps architect who has experience working with cloud platforms and a passion for automation. This person will work with a team of DevOps engineers, and be responsible for architecture, code quality, and building CI/CD pipelines. In addition to those items the candidate should have experience working with software engineers, quality service engineers to identify and implement technical solutions for their needs.
Trek IT believes in crafted software, in end-to-end ownership of products and fast iterations, and provides a flexible work environment, remote work is available, but some travel may be required for this position. Our approach to software development is to use the best tool for the job, often taking advantage of the latest technology to solve complex problems.
The Software Development Architect will:
- Coaching team members on best practices and technical troubleshooting
- Architect, code, create test plans, test, debug, and document existing and new automation pipelines
- Communicate face-to-face with their peers and customers in a participatory environment
- Be responsible for the quality and timeliness of your own work and your team’s
- Stay current with the latest technologies, patterns, and tooling
- Be self-motivated and require minimal supervision
- Actively participate in agile ceremonies such as daily standup and retrospectives
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- 2+ years hands-on experience in some combinations of engineering/building systems/test automation
- Experience with Azure, AWS or another cloud provider
- Experience with configuration management and automation tools like Chef, Terraform, and others
- Comfort in setting up continuous integration or continuous delivery systems
- Experience in managing and troubleshooting complex, multi-tier systems including dependencies and integrations
- Hands-on experience with server-side development and deployment (Java, Apache, Tomcat, Varnish, Solr, Jenkins)
- Experience with documenting customer impact as you implement “infrastructure as code”
- The ability to analyze current system architecture from all levels and construct intelligent change to documents to improve the system
We are an E-Verify employer.