Retail Accounting Assistant
A bit about us
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
In our Ascend department we aid in this crusade by providing bicycle shops with the greatest tool to thrive in retail! Our Retail Management Solution records sales, captures customer data, and provides detailed reporting. We provide integrated solutions for payment processing, ecommerce, and NPS customer loyalty. This Retail Accounting (Assistant) position will be working on site at Headquarters providing support to our retailers all over the globe!
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike and have a blast while doing it!
As a Retail Accounting Assistant your primary mission is to support a team of accountants in providing full-charge accounting services across the US and Canada. Using your available resources, the help of your teammates and your working knowledge of Ascend and QuickBooks your mission is to insure our customers receive timely, accurate and insightful information.
You’ll go above and beyond to provide the best customer service to everyone that you work with. At Ascend we’re all in the business of providing the best system and best support for our world class software. So, in addition to your primary job duties, you’ll be called on and encouraged to help in all areas of our business.
- Verify and key sales, cost of goods sold, deposits and inventory movement entries.
- Verify accuracy of invoices, match to purchase orders and key via Accounts Payable.
- Perform reconciliations on bank and credit card accounts as well as for vendor balances.
- Help maintain detailed cash flow reports for our customers.
- Two years of accounting experience.
- Retail accounting experience is desired.
- A two year technical degree or higher is desired.
- Ideal candidates will have telephone-based customer service experience and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidates should have a working knowledge of desktop Windows operating systems and Office programs.
- Experience in retail and with retail management systems is a plus.
- Successful team members are positive and calm in a busy environment. They do more than is asked of them and they work well on their own.
Flexible and fun company culture
Competitive health care
PPO & HDHP medical plan options, Dental insurance, Vision insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Free life insurance & optional term life insurance
Competitive vacation package
401(k) with match and Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOP)
12 weeks of maternity leave with 100% pay
Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
Employee discounts on all product
Deep partner retail discounts
We are an E-Verify employer.