SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILIITES
As the Project Manager in product development, you are responsible for managing related projects in a coordinated way to obtain benefits and control not available from managing them individually. You will be interacting with the Product Managers, Directors, Engineers and Designers in a specified category to provide support and guidance on individual projects and overall portfolio planning.
The candidate we are looking for also must be able to juggle multiple projects and follow-through on the details and be able to prioritize work. You will assist in helping define and lock down the scope and parameters. Focusing on delivering all milestones on time and stay within budget. This will mean developing plans and having back up plans as needed.
- Long Term Planning
- Work with the Product Management Team and Directors in in developing a long-term plan for their category.
- Project Planning
- Assist the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders
- Ensuring that all projects are delivered on time, within scope and budget
- Develop a detailed plan for engineering projects
- Helping develop the timeline of bike projects
- Monitoring the risk of the project and preparing plan B’s as necessary
- Lead Communication
- Extremely strong communication skills
- Successfully manage the relationships between all stakeholders
- Developing the best way to communicate project plans, weekly issues, changes and all critical points of managing a project.
- Global communication is important, the team must work close with forecasting, supply chain, suppliers, engineering, P1, product, and many other teams that are involved during our process.
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Prioritizing projects
- Responsible for making sure that all projects going through that area are kicking off and delivered at the appropriate time of the year.
- Present and review with Product the launch dates making sure they are meeting the goals of our Program Management team.
- Process Development
- Communicate any outliers of the process to the Director of Program Management for approval and documentation
- Consistently look for ways to be more efficient in the process of developing products
- Review lessons learned and make updates to processes as needed
- Knowledge and use of the project management tool Workfront would be preferred
- Experience in managing Electronic projects is preferred
- Engineering background a plus
- MCPM certification or PMP a plus
- A background in project, resource and portfolio planning
- Ability to Travel Internationally and inside the US two to three times per year
- Flexible and fun company culture
- Competitive health care
- Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
- Competitive vacation package
- 401k Match
- ESOP program
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
- Employee discounts on all product
- Deep partner retail discounts
We are an E-Verify employer.