Senior Engineering Manager
Senior Engineering Manager
Total Wine & More is looking for an experienced Senior Engineering Manager to join our e-commerce team in Bethesda, MD delivering world class technology solutions. The candidate will be an important member of our technology leadership team, overseeing the deliverables of several cross-functional teams of engineers, team leads, and quality assurance engineers. This role will be a hybrid role with minimal travel requirements. You will report into Director, Engineering.
- Collaborate with Product Owners and Team Leads to deliver scalable, maintainable, resilient, and secure solutions focused on business value
- Work closely with technical leadership to design and implement enterprise class platforms using industry best practices in a distributed cloud-native omnichannel environment
- Manage and mentor a team of Software and QA Engineers with responsibility for your team’s deliverables
- Translate product roadmaps & UX design specifications into technical designs and implementation
- Willingness and agility to learn new technologies, adapt to and drive change, and embrace a DevOps culture
- Write and review clean, concise, well-formed code and, or test automations
- Have fun in a close knit ‘team is family’ type of environment
You Will Come With
- 3+ years’ experience in building component-based applications with modern frontend and microservice frameworks with focus on responsive and adaptive web design
- 2+ years’ experience leading and growing multiple teams of 3 or more engineers
- 5+ years of experience with modern coding languages with preferred familiarity of at least one of - React, React Native, GO, Java, or C#
- Familiarity with cloud-native architecture and design principles and best practices; experience with Kubernetes a plus
- Familiarity with relational, NoSQL, and cache data concepts; experience with Redis, SQL Server, CockroachDB/Postgres a plus
- Knowledge on building, maintaining, and troubleshooting a robust CI/CD pipeline, including incorporation of test automation
- Familiarity with software observability tools such as Splunk, OpenTelemetry, and Grafana
About Total Wine & More
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Generous store discounts
- Health care plans (medical, prescription, dental, vision)
- 401(k), HSA, FSA, Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Disability & life insurance coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Pet insurance
- Critical illness and accident insurance
- Discounted home and auto insurance
- College tuition assistance
- Career development & product training
- Consumer classes
- & More!
Grow with us
Total Wine & More is the country's largest independent retailer of fine wine, beer and spirits, and we continue to grow our footprint year over year. Total Wine offers exciting and unique career opportunities across the country and in our corporate office. Our strength is our people. We have a commitment to training and career growth, all in an environment that values new ideas and teamwork. If you share our entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for providing best-in-class customer experience, take a moment to apply or learn more at www.TotalWine.com/About-Us/Careers!
Total Wine & More considers several factors when establishing compensation. Estimated salaries determined by third parties have not been validated by Total Wine & More. Total Wine & More is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Total Wine & More makes reasonable accommodations during all aspects of the employment process, including during the interview process. Total Wine & More is a Drug Free Workplace.
The information provided above indicates the general nature and level of work required of the position and is not a comprehensive list of all responsibilities or qualifications. Benefits list is only a highlight of some of the benefits offered to team members; eligibility for certain benefits apply.