Lead Data Cloud Engineer
Total Wine & More is looking for a Lead Data Cloud Engineer with expertise in Google Cloud or Microsoft Azure using core data warehousing tools and big data related technologies to join our information technology team. We are embarking on a significant initiative to transform all aspects of data management services within Total Wine and More including enterprise data architecture, business intelligence and data warehousing using the cloud to apply advanced analytics and data mining capabilities longer term. You will play an important role in the implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement of these systems and processes to achieve business needs. You will work with the business, software development teams, infrastructure, and security staff. You will report to the Sr. Director, Enterprise Data & Analytics Services.
Please note: Total Wine & More considers the health and safety of its customers, team members, and their families as its highest priorities. Where permitted by applicable law, all team members must have received the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire.
- Research and recommend technical approaches for solving difficult and challenging development and integration problems
- Set up data pipelines using Python or SQL
- Work with engineers and business customers to understand data needs, capture requirements and provide complete BI solutions
- Develop data extraction, transformation, and loading processes by writing custom data pipelines
- Design and support a platform that can provide ad-hoc access to large datasets and unstructured data
- Model data and metadata to support adhoc and pre-built reporting
- Tune application and query performance using performance profiling tools and SQL
You will come with
- 5+ years of experience using SQL and databases in a business environment
- 6+ years of experience in cloud environment, distributed systems, system automation, machine learning and real-time platforms.
- 5+ years of experience in custom ETL design, implementation, and maintenance
- 5+ years of experience with schema design and data modeling
- Production level experience with Python, Java, SQL, and shell scripting
- Experience with batch processing and stream processing
- Experience building large-scale data processing systems
- Working knowledge of data visualization tools such as Tableau or PowerBI
- Experience mentoring others in a team environment
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Generous store discounts
- Health care plans (medical, prescription, dental, vision)
- 401(k), HSA, FSA, Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Disability & life insurance coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Pet insurance
- Critical illness and accident insurance
- Discounted home and auto insurance
- College tuition assistance
- Career development & product training
- Consumer classes
- & More!
Grow with us
Total Wine & More is the country's largest independent retailer of fine wine, beer and spirits, and we continue to grow our footprint year over year. Total Wine offers exciting and unique career opportunities across the country and in our corporate office. Our strength is our people. We have a commitment to training and career growth, all in an environment that values new ideas and teamwork. If you share our entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for providing best-in-class customer experience, take a moment to apply or learn more at www.TotalWine.com/About-Us/Careers!
Total Wine & More considers several factors when establishing compensation. Estimated salaries determined by third parties have not been validated by Total Wine & More.Total Wine & More is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Total Wine & More makes reasonable accommodations during all aspects of the employment process, including during the interview process. Total Wine & More is a Drug Free Workplace.
The information provided above indicates the general nature and level of work required of the position and is not a comprehensive list of all responsibilities or qualifications. Benefits list is only a highlight of some of the benefits offered to team members; eligibility for certain benefits apply.