Retail Assistant Manager (Reston)
About the role
As Assistant Manager, you will grow Total Wine & More’s brand by delivering best-in-class service and bringing to life a distinctive world of wine, beer, & spirits for our customers. This includes building upon company programs and team member development plans to achieve sales, service, and operational performance goals. Reporting to the Store Manager, you will be on the leadership team creating a sales and service culture within the store to expand our customer base and maximize profitability.
Join us to become an industry expert in a fun and thriving retail company!
- Focus on customer experience, brand, and loyalty awareness by building relationships throughout the community
- Create and foster a sales-focused environment through the development of team members
- Support an environment that encourages creative thinking and risk taking
- Participate in product knowledge training and implement through team coaching
- Manage general operations and merchandising execution according to company procedures
- Ensure staffing and team member training meets store needs and company standards
- Maintain store inventory, product ordering, and vendor relationships
- Participate in the performance management process, including reviews and ongoing career development discussions
What we're looking for
- 21 years of age or older
- 2+ years retail sales, customer service, or hospitality management experience, preferably in a big box environment
- Experience leading and motivating a sales-focused team
- Experience developing team member performance and coaching
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as business requires
- Associates Degree or relevant work experience equivalent; 4-year degree in Business Administration or related field preferred
- Value collaboration and acting as a team player
Physical Requirements (with or without accommodations)
- Walk, bend down repeatedly, and be on feet for 8-10 hours a day
- Climb ladders and lift 50 lbs. overhead and repeatedly
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Generous store discounts
- Health care plans (medical, prescription, dental, vision)
- 401(k), HSA, FSA, Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Disability and life insurance coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Pet insurance
- Critical illness and accident insurance
- Discounted home and auto insurance
- College tuition assistance
- Career development, industry knowledge, and wine, spirits, and beer education
- Consumer classes
- & More!
Grow with us!
Total Wine & More is the country’s largest independent retailer of fine wine, beer and spirits, and we continue to grow our footprint year over year. Total Wine offers exciting and unique career opportunities across the country and in our corporate office. Our strength is our people. We have a commitment to training and career growth, all in an environment that values new ideas and teamwork. If you share our entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for providing best-in-class customer experience, take a moment to apply or learn more at www.TotalWine.com/About-us/Careers!
Total Wine & More considers several factors when establishing compensation. Estimated salaries determined by third parties have not been validated by Total Wine & More.
Total Wine & More is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Total Wine & More makes reasonable accommodations during all aspects of the employment process, including during the interview process. Total Wine & More is a Drug Free Workplace.
The information provided above indicates the general nature and level of work required of the position and is not a comprehensive list of all responsibilities or qualifications. Benefits list is only a highlight of some of the benefits offered to team members; eligibility for certain benefits apply.