Currently we are searching for an Associate, Demand Planning & Replenishment to join our Supply Chain department in Bethesda, MD. This position will be responsible for driving sales through inventory management and demand planning and forecasting. This position includes responsibility for inventory planning, replenishment ordering, and supplier outreach with the goal of ensuring optimal inventory levels in warehouse to drive sales. Some of the tasks may include inventory analysis, sales and inventory projections, and communication with our suppliers and partners. The ideal candidate will have a background in supply chain and/or buying, an analytical and creative approach to problem solving, solid technical skills, and experience with tools including Microsoft Suite.
- Replenishment & Allocation process
- Business Process Development
- Management of key suppliers
- Partner with Wine Merchandising group to execute inventory levels aligned with strategy
- Review / process new item ordering and inventory flow
- Evaluate all system inputs for demand planning and adjust accordingly
- Ensure in-stock position of key SKU’s in warehouse
- Analyze warehouse and store inventory to determine necessary inventory levels and purchasing.
- Represent Total Wine and More with vendors
- Create and analyze sales, inventory, and ordering reports to identify potential issues
- Participate in team planning meetings regarding inventory flow, forecasting, and logistics
- Perform a variety of ad hoc tasks ranging from the routine to highly complex in support of the Supply Chain Operations and Merchandising teams
Minimum Experience, Skills and Education:
- 2+ years of inventory replenishment/planning experience
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to interface with business partners and cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- BA/BS degree
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Exceptional attention to detail with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Good follow through to see processes to completion
Preferred Experience, Skills and Education:
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, takes initiative
- Experience in retail environment a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Access is a plus
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (with or without accommodations):
About Total Wine & More
Total Wine & More is America‘s Wine Superstore®—the country‘s largest independent retailer of fine wine. We started in 1991 when brothers David and Robert Trone opened two wine stores in Delaware. Today, our typical store carries more than 8,000 wines from every wine-producing region in the world. In addition, Total Wine & More carries more than 2,500 beers, from America‘s most popular beers to hard-to-find microbrews and imports, and more than 3,000 different spirits from every price range and category.
Our strength is our people. We are always looking for motivated, talented team members who are interested in working for a company with entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for providing best-in-class service. Our retail stores and corporate office (called the Store Support Center) provide opportunities for career growth and advancement. Offering competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, we strive to ensure that all Team Members feel that they are a part of the business, as they are valuable resources to our customers, co-workers, and communities.