$15/hr | Wine & Spirits Specialist | Full/Part Time
About the role
As a Retail Sales Associate, you will provide an exceptional customer service experience while driving sales. By using selling skills, you will build relationships with customers and advise them on Total Wine & More’s product portfolio based on their shopping needs. While both part-time and full-time positions generally focus on sales and customer service support, you may also be assigned as a cashier or merchandiser/stock associate. You will report to the store management team.
Join us to become an industry expert in a fun and thriving retail company!
- Provide customer service by greeting and establishing a relationship with customers while informing them of our products and services
- Learn Total Wine & More’s full product portfolio to provide customers with recommendations and connect them to the right product(s)
- Increase retail sales and product metrics to specified goals
- Replenish and maintain inventory and store visual presentation, including home spots, end caps, and platforms in preparation for product delivery
- Perform cashier functions and adhere to minor policy while completing customer transactions
- Maintain store safety and cleanliness standards on the sales floor, stock room, lockers, kitchen, bathroom, etc.
What we're looking for
- 21 years of age or older
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as business requires, which may also depend on your preference for part-time or full-time hours
- Experience using technology applicable to the position and access information necessary to complete daily responsibilities
- Desire to develop retail sales skills and knowledge of product and services
- 1 year as a store associate or customer service representative preferred, to include greeting customers, building relationships, locating/selecting/selling product, and identifying/resolving customer issues
- Strong interpersonal skills with a positive and engaging attitude
- Value collaboration and acting as a team player
- Wine and spirits experience in a retail sales environment preferred
- WSE, Sommelier, or other industry certification preferred
Physical Requirements (with or without accommodations)
- Walk, bend down repeatedly, and be on feet for 8-10 hours a day
- Climb ladders and lift 50 lbs. overhead and repeatedly
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Generous store discounts
- Health care plans (medical, prescription, dental, vision)
- 401(k), HSA, FSA, Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Disability and life insurance coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Pet insurance
- Critical illness and accident insurance
- Discounted home and auto insurance
- College tuition assistance
- Career development, industry knowledge, and wine, spirits, and beer education
- Consumer classes
- & More!
Grow with us!
Total Wine & More is the country’s largest independent retailer of fine wine, beer and spirits, and we continue to grow our footprint year over year. Total Wine offers exciting and unique career opportunities across the country and in our corporate office. Our strength is our people. We have a commitment to training and career growth, all in an environment that values new ideas and teamwork. If you share our entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for providing best-in-class customer experience, take a moment to apply or learn more at www.TotalWine.com/About-us/Careers!
Total Wine & More considers several factors when establishing compensation. Estimated salaries determined by third parties have not been validated by Total Wine & More.
Total Wine & More is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Total Wine & More makes reasonable accommodations during all aspects of the employment process, including during the interview process. Total Wine & More is a Drug Free Workplace.
The information provided above indicates the general nature and level of work required of the position and is not a comprehensive list of all responsibilities or qualifications. Benefits list is only a highlight of some of the benefits offered to team members; eligibility for certain benefits apply.