District Manager - Salt Lake City, UT
Through coaching, leading by example and accountability, the Torrid District Manager - Salt Lake City, UT will motivate store teams to provide a superior Torrid Experience to customers and to one another, lead teams to work efficiently and maximize district sales.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Coaches and provides immediate feedback to ensure all store employees provide the Torrid Experience to every customer.
- Coaches store management to maximize selling, effectively scheduling staff and monitoring floor coverage.
- Embodies the belief that operational tasks are another way to service the customer and this is reflected in store teams.
- Ensures that all store team members are versed in current product knowledge and all required company training.
- Ensures the store environment is appealing to customers with visual merchandising adhering to company standards.
- Stays current on new fashion trends and styles impacting the Torrid business and is the fashion inspiration for all employees/customers.
- Ensures the Torrid culture is well represented by all employees.
- Partners with HQ, RD, store management, or mall marketing office, etc. to identify sales opportunities and initiate actions.
- Educates store management teams and serves as a resource to district to provide expertise on store operations, staffing and recruiting and company policies and procedures.
- Proactively determines District manpower needs and maintains a pool of qualified internal and external candidates that are selling and fashion focused.
- Minimizes turnover by hiring and retaining qualified people that are career focused and fit the Torrid culture.
- Facilities professional growth of management by identifying developmental needs and providing opportunities for learning.
- Holds associates accountable for their performance and development, and provides them with timely and direct feedback and coaching.
- Provides fair and consistent leadership to all stores within the District and motivates for improvement regardless of store results.
- Communicates business objectives and provides feedback to the store teams regarding their business/financial results.
- Understand the competitive retail landscape within the District and create opportunities to address business challenges.
- Plans, delegates and follows up on expected tasks, assignments and activities to ensure expectations and objectives are met.
- Works diligently and pragmatically to lead stores to execute the company vision, consistently supporting Torrid's initiatives as well as day-to-day operations.
- Represents the company and Torrid brand with integrity to customers, associates and business partners.
- Ensures store compliance with all Company policies and procedures including but not limited to operational, merchandising, financial, administration, compensation, safety, salary and loss prevention policies and procedures.
- Is aware of and ensures store compliance with all Federal, State and/or local laws and regulations.
- Visits each store regularly, provides documented visit recaps a minimum of once per quarter, and audits procedures accordingly.
- Ensures all stores maintain housekeeping standards to provide a clean and safe environment for customers and associates.
- Ensures all store stockrooms are set to company organization standards and are maintained.
- Ensures that all stores achieve sales plans and/or comp sales goals.
- Delivers District KPI performance, manages payroll hours and shrink performance within company guidelines and goals.
- Performs other job duties as needed.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 5+ years of specialty/apparel management experience and at least 1-2 years as District Manager or equivalent.
- Knowledge of women's fashion is a must and knowledge of fashion for Torrid targeted market and plus-size customer needs is preferred.
- Illustrates a dedication to meeting requirements of internal and external customers, responding to all customer requests promptly and thoroughly.
- Strong communication skills including ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
- Upholds and furthers Torrid's culture and values. Inquisitiveness and open mind regarding fashion trends.
- Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
- Is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues.
- Flexible and adaptive to environment, ideas, changes and challenges.
- Able to travel frequently.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend and lift/move up to 10 pounds. May lift/move up to 30 pounds occasionally.
- Our open floor plan allows for a creative, collaborative and fun environment.
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k and paid time off.
- Additional perks to consider are generous employee discount, access to employee-only sales, café, masseuse, gym, fitness and yoga classes, basketball court, and more.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.
E-Verify Poster: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (English): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/IER_RightToWorkPoster.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (Spanish): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/IER_RighttoWorkPosterES.pdf
California Consumer Privacy Act Applicant Notice (CCPA): https://careers.jobvite.com/hottopic/torrid/Applicant-CCPA-Notice.pdf
EEO Poster: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf