Senior External Reporting Analyst
We are seeking a Senior External Reporting Analyst to join our growing team! In this role, you'll play an integral part of a group that provides timely and accurate external financial reporting to the SEC (if applicable) and other stakeholders in accordance with GAAP. Identifies, monitors, and analyzes accounting issues/developments that could impact the Company. This position reports to Manager, External Financial Reporting.
What You'll Do:
- Part of a team that facilitates the external (quarterly and annual) review/audit process and liaises with external auditors and consultants.
- Assists in the preparation and filing of the quarterly and annual reports (similar format/content as Forms 10-Q and 10-K) accurately in a timely manner.
- If/when Torrid becomes a public company, assists in the management of the Form 10-Q /10-K (including XBRL tagging) filing process.
- Possesses a working knowledge of US GAAP and other accounting regulations and guidelines to determine qualitative and quantitative impact on Company.
- Conducts technical accounting research and documents findings in a clear and concise technical position paper.
- Performs specific internal testing of identified SOX processes, helps document narratives, confirms accuracy of accounts and controls, inspects physical processes, and detects intentional and unintentional failures of internal controls in accordance with SOX Act.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor degree in accounting or related fields with CPA.
- Minimum 6 years of audit-related experience with Big 4 public accounting firm and client base of public companies.
- Prefer retail client experience.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and other accounting regulations.
What You'll Get:
- Our open floor plan allows for a creative, collaborative and fun environment.
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k and paid time off.
- Additional perks to consider are generous employee discount, access to employee-only sales, café, masseuse, gym, fitness and yoga classes, basketball court, and more.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.
E-Verify Poster: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (English): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/IER_RightToWorkPoster.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (Spanish): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/IER_RighttoWorkPosterES.pdf