Work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19
Creates original textile designs for multiple product categories that are relevant to customer, on trend, innovative and brand appropriate.
MUST SUBMIT PORTFOLIO OR SAMPLES
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Create original textile designs for multiple product categories.
- Produce print repeats from final artwork; edits, re-colors and matches color from seasonal color palette.
- Use Photoshop and Illustrator to prepare, modify, and resize artwork; collaborate with product development and design team to ensure designs manufacturability.
- Prepare art files, print presentation files and print palettes to pass to production and design team.
- Make print groups for each delivery and creates multiple color ways for textile prints.
- Create and present print concepts to design team and merchant partners.
- Keep up-to-date and able to speak to print business performance during presentations.
- Demonstrate clear understanding of customer and product strategy.
- Attend product strategy meetings, trend briefings, textile artwork reviews and presentations, artwork production approval meetings (reviewing color and scale).
- Attend artwork studio vendor meetings for purchasing prints.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Formal Training (certified) and/or education in graphic arts or textile design required. Bachelor’s degree in Textile Design preferred.
- 3+ years of textile design work experience, preferably in a junior/contemporary market.
- Experience working on multiple categories and managing multiple collections simultaneously.
- Experience in researching and presenting additional trend ideas.
- Excellent eye and confidence for color and working with color palettes across multiple categories.
- Fine art and illustration skills.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Our open floor plan allows for a creative, collaborative and fun environment.
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k and paid time off.
- Additional perks to consider are generous employee discount, access to employee-only sales, café, masseuse, gym, fitness and yoga classes, basketball court, and more.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.
E-Verify Poster: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (English): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/IER_RightToWorkPoster.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (Spanish): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/IER_RighttoWorkPosterES.pdf
California Consumer Privacy Act Applicant Notice (CCPA): https://careers.jobvite.com/hottopic/torrid/Applicant-CCPA-Notice.pdf
EEO Poster: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf