Associate Tax Accountant
Provides support for the Tax Department as needed and assists in collecting necessary tax information, researching and tax inquiries, and remitting tax returns and payments. Prepares indirect tax returns. The position reports to Manager, Tax.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Prepares and files business licenses, occupational taxes, and corporate annual reports.
- Works closely with outside consulting firm providing personal property tax service to ensure property tax compliance and payments.
- Reconciles business license and personal property tax accounts.
- Prepares and files Sales Tax returns as needed.
- Assists in collecting information for all sales tax, use tax, and personal property tax audits.
- Reviews and updates monthly sales/use tax rate changes.
- Prepares written communication indirect tax issues (i.e., refund claims, needed exemption forms, etc.)
- Provides customer service to other teams as needed such as helping AP secure the proper checks or getting business licenses for the construction team on an expedited basis.
- Prepares monthly journal entries timely and accurately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience preferred.
- Previous experience in tax accounting preferred.
- Solid MS Word, Excel and Outlook skills.
- Dedicates to meeting requirements of internal and external customers, responding to all customer requests promptly and thoroughly.
- Strong communication skills including ability to work in a team environment; gives honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
- Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
- Is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively, and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues.
WHAT YOU'LL GET:
- Our open floor plan allows for a creative, collaborative and fun environment.
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k and paid time off.
- Additional perks to consider are generous employee discount, access to employee-only sales, café, weekly on-site physician, chiropractor, masseuse, gym, fitness and yoga classes, basketball court, and more.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.
E-Verify Poster: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (English): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/IER_RightToWorkPoster.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (Spanish): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/IER_RighttoWorkPosterES.pdf