Senior Tax Accountant
We’re in search of a Senior Tax Accountant on our team to help ensure proper tax compliance for Federal and State income tax, sales/use, personal property tax, and business licenses. You’ll handle the remittance of all tax returns, payments, and research of tax inquiries. The position reports to Tax Manager.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Prepares Federal and State income tax returns, including other supporting schedules.
- Prepares quarterly estimated payments and extension request
- Assists in quarterly and annual tax provision, Fin48 Calculations and journal entries
- Supports for Income, Sales/Use tax audits, and SOX compliance.
- Oversees all aspects of indirect taxes including sales/use tax compliance and audits, property taxes, and business licenses' new applications and renewals.
- Prepares written communication Direct and Indirect Tax issues (i.e., corporate income tax inquiries, refund claims, needed exemption forms, etc.)
- Evaluates and recommends improvement to the current methodology used to collect and report data for the required sales tax and income tax compliance.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Strong analytical skills. Advanced in Excel, able to work with a large data set.
- Bachelor degree in accounting or related discipline.
- 2-4 years of experience in corporate tax accounting or general accounting concepts.
- Solid MS Word, Excel and Outlook skills.
- Impeccable customer service skills; you’ll be collaborating with various teams so you’ll need a service-first mindset.
- Is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively, and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Our open floor plan allows for a creative, collaborative and fun environment.
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k and paid time off.
- Additional perks to consider are generous employee discount, access to employee-only sales, café, masseuse, gym, fitness and yoga classes, basketball court, and more.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.
E-Verify Poster: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (English): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/IER_RightToWorkPoster.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (Spanish): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/IER_RighttoWorkPosterES.pdf