Lead Android Developer
Temporarily Working Remote Due to Covid-19
Join the fastest growing plus-size fashion retailer in the nation! Torrid has a great opportunity for Android Lead which develops new features to support the eCommerce Initiatives, merchandising goals and concepts. The position provides programming expertise for a variety of systems integration, tools development, software support and troubleshooting activities. The Android Lead actively works on multiple complex tools and initiatives simultaneously. Therefore, the position requires the ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic environment, managing multiple tasks in order to complete them successfully and within expected timelines.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop android client code solutions that deliver on our Mobile App Product Strategy and lead engineering best practices, design guidelines and principles
- Create technical design documents/specifications.
- Co-ordinate and participate in onsite/offshore team meetings, per project/support demand.
- Perform Unit Testing.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems relating to mobile applications.
- Document code consistently throughout the development process.
- Support QA teams in the process of testing and certification.
- Debug problems and provide root cause analysis.
- Participate in code Review meetings, to minimize security and system performance related issues.
- Maintain code bases, releases and derivations in modern revision control systems, bitbucket.
- Handle multiple projects/priorities in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Review pull requests and ensure adherence to Kotlin and other language idioms
- Identify technical obstacles early and work closely with the team to find creative solutions
What You'll Need:
- 8+ years of experience developing Android Native mobile applications and 4+ years of development with Kotlin
- 4+ years leading and guiding technical teams through complete release cycles and working with cross-functional business and technology teams
What You'll Get:
- A culture where people are accepted and encouraged to be who they are.
- Competitive compensation, 401k with company matching contribution, plus potential to earn company performance-based bonuses.
- Comprehensive wellness package including, medical, dental, vision, FSA and on-site chiropractic and massage therapy services as well as fitness and yoga classes.
- Support the causes you’re passionate about. We pay you up to 32 hours annually for volunteering your time in the community.
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Pet insurance for your fur babies
- Generous 50% employee discount and access to employee-only sales.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Aimed at helping employees address a variety of personal and family issues including legal financial consultations, mental health services and more.
- Child Care Discount at participating locations.
- On-site gym, basketball court and car wash service. Commuter benefits. Discounts on cell phones, and computer purchases, entertainment tickets and more.
- Work and learn alongside industry leading executives while making huge strides in impacting the lives of women
- You’ll be challenged and grow. Opportunity for upward mobility available at all levels of the organization
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.
E-Verify Poster: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (English): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/IER_RightToWorkPoster.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (Spanish): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/IER_RighttoWorkPosterES.pdf
California Consumer Privacy Act Applicant Notice (CCPA): https://careers.jobvite.com/hottopic/torrid/Applicant-CCPA-Notice.pdf
EEO Poster: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf