Assistant Technical Designer
Measures garments and provides initial specifications. Provides administrative supports to Technical Design Team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Measures garments and provides technical specification to design team.
- Organizes block/fit database and fit samples.
- Assures quality control of pre-production and shipping samples.
- Follows up and assists in communications with vendors/factories.
- Provides administrative supports to Technical Design Team in daily design processes.
- 4-year college degree, fashion degree, or equivalent years of experience.
- Previous technical design experience is desirable
- Previous retail or garment manufacturing experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills including Adobe Illustrator, MS Word and Excel.
- Basic understanding of fit, balance, and garment construction, fabrics and fabric performance.
- A collaborative environment without the red tape. Our open floor plan and strict “No Assistants Necessary” policy means everyone from our receptionists to our CEO are just a few footsteps away!
- A competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401k and paid time off. Our benefits packages are designed to be flexible to fit your needs with optional coverage for family members – including pets!
- All the usual suspects, including a generous employee discount, access to employee-only sales, on-site café, masseuse, gym, basketball court, and more.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.
E-Verify Poster: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (English): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/IER_RightToWorkPoster.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (Spanish): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/IER_RighttoWorkPosterES.pdf