District Manager - Virginia
At Torrid we're committed to cultivating a welcoming, inclusive and diverse culture driven by a focus on open dialogue, empowerment, recruiting, training, development and retention. We believe inclusion of diverse backgrounds and perspectives is fundamental to our success.
Through coaching, leading by example and accountability, the Torrid District Manager - Philadelphia, PA will motivate store teams to provide a superior Torrid Experience to customers and to one another, lead teams to work efficiently and maximize district sales.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Coaches and provides immediate feedback to ensure all store employees provide the Torrid Experience to every customer.
- Coaches store management to maximize selling, effectively scheduling staff and monitoring floor coverage.
- Embodies the belief that operational tasks are another way to service the customer and this is reflected in store teams.
- Ensures that all store team members are versed in current product knowledge and all required company training.
- Ensures the store environment is appealing to customers with visual merchandising adhering to company standards.
- Stays current on new fashion trends and styles impacting the Torrid business and is the fashion inspiration for all employees/customers.
- Ensures the Torrid culture is well represented by all employees.
- Partners with HQ, RD, store management, or mall marketing office, etc. to identify sales opportunities and initiate actions.
- Educates store management teams and serves as a resource to district to provide expertise on store operations, staffing and recruiting and company policies and procedures.
- Proactively determines District manpower needs and maintains a pool of qualified internal and external candidates that are selling and fashion focused.
- Minimizes turnover by hiring and retaining qualified people that are career focused and fit the Torrid culture.
- Facilities professional growth of management by identifying developmental needs and providing opportunities for learning.
- Holds associates accountable for their performance and development, and provides them with timely and direct feedback and coaching.
- Provides fair and consistent leadership to all stores within the District and motivates for improvement regardless of store results.
- Communicates business objectives and provides feedback to the store teams regarding their business/financial results.
- Understand the competitive retail landscape within the District and create opportunities to address business challenges.
- Plans, delegates and follows up on expected tasks, assignments and activities to ensure expectations and objectives are met.
- Works diligently and pragmatically to lead stores to execute the company vision, consistently supporting Torrid's initiatives as well as day-to-day operations.
- Represents the company and Torrid brand with integrity to customers, associates and business partners.
- Ensures store compliance with all Company policies and procedures including but not limited to operational, merchandising, financial, administration, compensation, safety, salary and loss prevention policies and procedures.
- Is aware of and ensures store compliance with all Federal, State and/or local laws and regulations.
- Visits each store regularly, provides documented visit recaps a minimum of once per quarter, and audits procedures accordingly.
- Ensures all stores maintain housekeeping standards to provide a clean and safe environment for customers and associates.
- Ensures all store stockrooms are set to company organization standards and are maintained.
- Ensures that all stores achieve sales plans and/or comp sales goals.
- Delivers District KPI performance, manages payroll hours and shrink performance within company guidelines and goals.
- Performs other job duties as needed.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 5+ years of specialty/apparel management experience and at least 1-2 years as District Manager or equivalent.
- Knowledge of women's fashion is a must and knowledge of fashion for Torrid targeted market and plus-size customer needs is preferred.
- Illustrates a dedication to meeting requirements of internal and external customers, responding to all customer requests promptly and thoroughly.
- Strong communication skills including ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
- Upholds and furthers Torrid's culture and values. Inquisitiveness and open mind regarding fashion trends.
- Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
- Is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues.
- Flexible and adaptive to environment, ideas, changes and challenges.
- Able to travel frequently.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend and lift/move up to 10 pounds. May lift/move up to 30 pounds occasionally.
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k with company match, life insurance, short-term disability, vacation and sick time available, paid company holidays and jury duty
- Additional perks include: monthly bonus potential, associate discount 50%, tuition reimbursement, childcare discount program
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.
E-Verify Poster: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (English): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/IER_RightToWorkPoster.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (Spanish): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/IER_RighttoWorkPosterES.pdf
California Consumer Privacy Act Applicant Notice (CCPA): https://careers.jobvite.com/torrid/Applicant-CCPA-Notice.pdf
EEO Poster: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf