At Torrid we're committed to cultivating a welcoming, inclusive and diverse culture driven by a focus on open dialogue, empowerment, recruiting, training, development and retention. We believe inclusion of diverse backgrounds and perspectives is fundamental to our success.Work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19
Associate Merchant is responsible for recognizing current trends and developing corresponding initiatives to fulfill these demands and meet business objectives. Works closely with Merchant and key business partners to develop and maintain close relationships.
What You'll Do:
- Achieves sales and margin objectives for seasonal buying plans.
- Reaches product objective quotas as defined by Merchant or Merch Manager.
- Develops market analyses and business strategies to outline strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats in the fashion market; evaluates market continuously to revise the strategies.
- Executes balanced assortment by strategically selecting and purchasing products from internal or vendor lines to create and enhance assortments based on trend data.
- Partners with Product Development team to develop product including sourcing and monitoring delivery of product and quality control.
- Analyzes and negotiates proposals for product based on trend, price, delivery time, and quality to select the most appropriate vendors.
- Develops and maintains assortment plans and continuously assesses market to identify and react to trends.
- Develops and maintains close relationships with Stores, Vendors, Distribution Center, Planning and Allocation, Marketing and Internet teams.
- Facilitates strong working relationship between corresponding merchandising teams and the field organization.
- Regularly attends fashion events to remain keen on current trends – fashion, music, culture, and other innovations regarding fashion.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- High School Diploma required.
- 1-2 years of progressive experience as an Associate Buyer/Merchant
- A proven track record developing and building the apparel/intimates business, including developing and maintaining strong vendor relationships.
- Experience in developing, preparing, and implementing tactical plans in support of strategic company goals.
- Previous product development experience is helpful.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proven ability to identify trends in the contemporary junior market.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Solid working knowledge of MS Offices
- Is accountable for results; approaches obstacles proactively and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues.
- A culture where people are accepted and encouraged to be who they are.
- Our open floor plan allows for a creative, collaborative and fun environment.
- Competitive compensation, 401k with company matching contribution, plus potential to earn company performance-based bonuses.
- Comprehensive wellness package including, medical, dental, vision, FSA and on-site, chiropractic and massage therapy services as well as fitness and yoga classes.
- Generous 50% employee discount and access to employee-only sales.
- Support the causes you’re passionate about. We pay you up to 32 hours annually for volunteering your time in the community.
- Child Care Discount at participating locations.
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Aimed at helping employees address a variety of personal and family issues including legal financial consultations, mental health services and more.
- On-site gym, basketball court and car wash service. Commuter benefits. Discounts on cell phones, and computer purchases, entertainment tickets and more.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies.
- Work and learn alongside industry leading executives while making huge strides in impacting the lives of women.
- You’ll be challenged and grow. Opportunity for upward mobility available at all levels of the organization.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.
E-Verify Poster: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (English): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/IER_RightToWorkPoster.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (Spanish): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/IER_RighttoWorkPosterES.pdf
California Consumer Privacy Act Applicant Notice (CCPA): https://careers.jobvite.com/torrid/Applicant-CCPA-Notice.pdf
EEO Poster: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf