The Director of Strategy will identify and leverage our company's core competencies, capabilities, and competitive advantages as the foundation for corporate strategic planning. This role will lead in defining, activating, and guaranteeing the successful execution of the corporate strategic initiatives to help deliver the achievement of short and long-term goals.
Work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19
What You'll Do:
- Identify, quantify, validate and execute adjacent and white space opportunities that strengthen market position and align with brand growth objectives.
- Conduct competitive analysis, evaluate new business opportunities and expansions.
- Build business cases to support strategic revenue and margin driving opportunities and initiatives requiring capital expenditure.
- Develop comprehensive business plans for new business opportunities and concepts as well as assist in acquisition evaluation.
- Serve as an internal consultant for key business leaders in vetting strategic ideas.
- Define Business Strategy and Project Roadmaps in partnership with Project Management Office (PMO), COO and CIO.
- Prioritize strategic initiatives for the greatest return, both short-term ROI and long-term health of the business.
- Assist in corporate governance, both internal and external-facing (Board of Directors).
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Project management or consulting experience preferred
- Must be a self-starter and able to take projects from concept to completion.
- Strong leadership skills including; interpersonal, collaborative, and problem-solving.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with all levels of leadership.
- Ability to lead and influence counterparts throughout the organization to be effective in delivering strategic initiatives.
- Strong financial acumen and natural curiosity.
- Excellent planning and analytical prowess with the ability to synthesize large volumes of data.
- Superior market knowledge.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
- Keen ability to lead and navigate large-scale organizational change.
- Specialty and eCommerce branded retail experience.
What You'll Get:
- A culture where people are accepted and encouraged to be who they are.
- Our open floor plan allows for a creative, collaborative and fun environment.
- Competitive compensation, 401k with company matching contribution, plus potential to earn company performance-based bonuses.
- Comprehensive wellness package including, medical, dental, vision, FSA and on-site, chiropractic and massage therapy services as well as fitness and yoga classes.
- Generous 50% employee discount and access to employee-only sales.
- Support the causes you’re passionate about. We pay you up to 32 hours annually for volunteering your time in the community.
- Child Care Discount at participating locations.
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Aimed at helping employees address a variety of personal and family issues including legal financial consultations, mental health services, and more.
- On-site gym, basketball court, and car wash service. Commuter benefits. Discounts on cell phones, computer purchases, entertainment tickets, and more.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies.
- Work and learn alongside industry-leading executives while making huge strides in impacting the lives of women.
- You’ll be challenged and grow. Opportunity for upward mobility is available at all levels of the organization.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.
E-Verify Poster: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (English): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/IER_RightToWorkPoster.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (Spanish): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/IER_RighttoWorkPosterES.pdf
California Consumer Privacy Act Applicant Notice (CCPA): https://careers.jobvite.com/torrid/Applicant-CCPA-Notice.pdf
EEO Poster: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf