Merchandise Sample Admin
At Torrid we're committed to cultivating a welcoming, inclusive and diverse culture driven by a focus on open dialogue, empowerment, recruiting, training, development and retention. We believe inclusion of diverse backgrounds and perspectives is fundamental to our success.
The Merchandise Sample Admin role is a key point contact on all incoming and outgoing sample merchandise for all categories. In this role, you are a part of a team that works closely with Product Development/Technical Design, Merchandising, Marketing, Visual, and Public Relations teams to ensure that their samples are tracked, received, and distributed throughout the product life cycle. This role reports to the Sample Team Supervisor/Manager.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Responsible for the management of samples including but not limited to receiving, processing, organizing, distributing and tracking.
- Manage internal tracking efforts for real-time status of all sample categories.
- Monthly inventory, organization and purging of sample closets.
- Assists with all sample requests, ensuring timely receipt, handoff, and return when applicable.
- Ensures all products are pulled for applicable categories and are passed off per calendar date in an organized manner, and providing information on the status of needed samples.
- Acts as a liaison between both internal and external partners on the status of samples.
- Establishes and maintains fluid communication with all HQ teams involved with samples.
- Minimum of High School graduate or GED equivalent.
- Ability to build key relationships with business partners.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to successfully prioritize and complete multiple projects with effective time management skills.
- Illustrates a dedication to meeting requirements of internal and external customers, responding to all customer requests promptly and thoroughly.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
- Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
- Is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues.
- A culture where people are accepted and encouraged to be who they are.
- Our open floor plan allows for a creative, collaborative and fun environment.
- Competitive compensation, 401k with company matching contribution, plus potential to earn company performance-based bonuses.
- Comprehensive wellness package including, medical, dental, vision, FSA and on-site, chiropractic and massage therapy services as well as fitness and yoga classes.
- Generous 50% employee discount and access to employee-only sales.
- Support the causes you’re passionate about. We pay you up to 32 hours annually for volunteering your time in the community.
- Child Care Discount at participating locations.
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Aimed at helping employees address a variety of personal and family issues including legal financial consultations, mental health services and more.
- On-site gym, basketball court and car wash service. Commuter benefits. Discounts on cell phones, and computer purchases, entertainment tickets and more.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies.
- Work and learn alongside industry leading executives while making huge strides in impacting the lives of women.
- You’ll be challenged and grow. Opportunity for upward mobility available at all levels of the organization.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.
E-Verify Poster: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (English): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/IER_RightToWorkPoster.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (Spanish): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/IER_RighttoWorkPosterES.pdf
California Consumer Privacy Act Applicant Notice (CCPA): https://careers.jobvite.com/torrid/Applicant-CCPA-Notice.pdf
EEO Poster: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf