Associate Technical Designer - Swim/Intimates
Manages moderately complex technical product development process and ensures consistency of fit and quality in the assigned product by generating all specifications and fit comments, participating in fitting meetings, and making corrections as needed.
What You'll Do:
- Works with Technical Designer, Merchants, and Design Teams to establish the direction of the fit and garment details.
- Creates grading specs, garment measurements & how to measure sketches; develops and/or corrects patterns when necessary.
- Creates fit comments; notes all design and specs discrepancies prior to fittings.
- Develops clear and complete fit comments for each style.
- Tracks fit approval and sample process; organizes fit samples received, including logging received samples and scheduling fitting; maintain Time & Action (T&A) sample log sheet.
- Executes fit comments from concept to TOP of assigned and additional product classifications.
- Communicates daily with vendors, Merchants, Design, and Production teams for T&A and product execution.
What You'll Need:
- High School required a 4-year college degree in fashion merchandising/design preferred
- 2 years in technical design, pattern making, or quality assurance, or a combination of education with equivalent work experience.
- Experience in swim or intimates categories preferred.
- Previous retail or garment manufacturing experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills including Adobe Illustrator, MS Word and Excel.
- Basic understanding of fit, balance, and garment construction, fabrics and fabric performance.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback, and is a solid verbal and written communicator. Able to accept feedback from.
- Meets deadlines, prioritize appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
- A culture where people are accepted and encouraged to be who they are.
- Our open floor plan allows for a creative, collaborative and fun environment.
- Competitive compensation, 401k with company matching contribution, plus potential to earn company performance-based bonuses.
- Comprehensive wellness package including, medical, dental, vision, FSA and on-site, chiropractic and massage therapy services as well as fitness and yoga classes.
- Generous 50% employee discount and access to employee-only sales.
- Support the causes you’re passionate about. We pay you up to 32 hours annually for volunteering your time in the community.
- Child Care Discount at participating locations.
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Aimed at helping employees address a variety of personal and family issues including legal financial consultations, mental health services and more.
- On-site gym, basketball court and car wash service. Commuter benefits. Discounts on cell phones, and computer purchases, entertainment tickets and more.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies.
- Work and learn alongside industry leading executives while making huge strides in impacting the lives of women.
- You’ll be challenged and grow. Opportunity for upward mobility available at all levels of the organization.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.
E-Verify Poster: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (English): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/IER_RightToWorkPoster.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (Spanish): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/IER_RighttoWorkPosterES.pdf
California Consumer Privacy Act Applicant Notice (CCPA): https://careers.jobvite.com/torrid/Applicant-CCPA-Notice.pdf
EEO Poster: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf