Senior Operations Manager
- Appropriate level of business acumen to participate in annual budget preparations for the Distribution Center:
- Manage areas to meet and/or exceed budget.
- Proactively identify areas where budget may be at risk.
- Provide solutions, problem solving and ideas to eliminate budget miss and improve budgetary results.
- Participate in weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual assessment of budget variance on direct and indirect hours used.
- Maintain appropriate level of staffing based on upon budgeting requirements to maintain areas processing through-put.
- Use strategy and innovative ideas to maximize efficiency of facility and operations.
- Provide insight and improvement to results.
- Proven track record of progressive responsibility and contributing to team success.
- Make accurate assessments and effective decisions based on analysis, experience, and judgment.
- Support accuracy, throughput, customer service metrics as well as other KPI’s identified.
- Maintain inventory control and support reduced inventory shrink initiatives.
- Cope with change and directional shifts.
- Make decisions and act without having all the information.
- Execute innovative and prompt decision-making to achieve improvements to operations through relevant market or customer insights and by listening to associates.
- Partner with Distribution Services Director in striving to continuously improve overall operations, provide weekly written updates to work produced.
- Effective allocation of resources to meet daily, weekly, and monthly objectives.
- Collaborate, support, and communicate priorities within direct areas of responsibility and facility. Make changes as necessary to achieve objectives daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly.
- Maintain clean areas and safe work habits.
- Partner with Engineering team and associates to appropriately establish work methods and metrics to most efficiently measure and complete tasks.
- Track performance against departmental and personal goals
- Participate in establishing processing and performance goals of area and DC.
- Provide development support to direct reports, exempt and non-exempt associates.
- Provide feedback to performance and effective coaching to improve performance of direct reports and associates within areas of responsibility
- Build and foster positive, collaborative, and open relationships within functional area, peer group, and other functional areas of HR, LP, IT, and Maintenance.
- Approachable, accessible, and open communications with all associates.
- Builds relationships based upon integrity, trust, and mutual respect.
- Support a work environment that is fair and consistent.
- Collaborative support on/with
- Training programs and initiatives
- Associate recognition, inclusiveness, and engagement
- Associate performance review and assessment process
- Safety goals and objectives, consistent with policies and training
- Ensure effective communications—up, down and across the business.
- Participate in and support all company provided training initiatives.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.
E-Verify Poster: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (English): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/IER_RightToWorkPoster.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (Spanish): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/IER_RighttoWorkPosterES.pdf
California Consumer Privacy Act Applicant Notice (CCPA): https://careers.jobvite.com/torrid/Applicant-CCPA-Notice.pdf
EEO Poster: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf