In this role, you will be responsible for assisting the Style Director in the execution of seasonal campaigns and marketing materials, product detail pages, and web and social initiatives. You will responsible for bringing this message to light through styling out of the collection inclusive of storytelling that aligns to company strategies and design intent. This role styles models for in house shoots and online product photography for Torrid to assure that the highest quality images are produced. Works closely with the fashion director, photographer(s), web production artist(s), and art director(s) to showcase the most up-to-date fashion trends/stories while maintaining merchandising standards. Styles flats for web still-life editorials on occasion. This position reports to the Fashion Director.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Be an expert on current fashion trends in the industry and translate them for the brand’s product styling.
- Responsible for interpreting the merchant and marketing vision, assuring the highest quality product images are photographed for e-commerce. Collaborates with these teams to make sure site image is represented appropriately and is in sync with seasonal campaign and storytelling.
- Pre-style each collection, shoot and prepare style-out for distribution/approval from fashion director.
- Manages the flow of product through the studio by maintaining order with the varying levels of merchandise, product categories, seasonal deliveries, and models.
- Ensures all necessary products are in-studio prior to photoshoot and prioritize high priorities and re-shoots.
- Oversee freelance assistant stylists on set.
- Prepares models to be photo-ready by ensuring all items are steamed, neatly worn, and fit appropriately.
- Works with on-set photographer/art director to make final selects.
- Partners with merchandising to ensure product attributes are represented in photography.
- Assures the highest quality product images are photographed.
- Manages the flow of product and works with other stylist(s), product photographer(s) during product photoshoots by maintaining order with the varying levels of merchandise and product categories.
- Works with merchant teams to ensure all current product is available for style-outs, photoshoots and retouching.
- Ensures all necessary products are in-studio prior to the photoshoot and prioritize high priorities and re-shoots.
- Maintains a substantial product styling closet of clothing and accessories, consistently marking out of stock merchandise so that no aged merchandise is used during product photoshoots.
- Works with a digital photographer to style and photograph product flats/still-life for the web.
- Consistently researches current and upcoming trends in fashion, retail and lingerie.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 2 or 4-year degree in fashion design, marketing, merchandising or related field.
- Minimum 4 years of prior styling experience in fashion/retail editorial, lingerie, ready to wear product, and still-life photography.
- Extensive knowledge of apparel on-body and flat styling techniques for across the retail industry and in various fashion categories, with specific attention to fit.
- Basic working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- A superb eye for trending, style, and visual composition.
- Proven experience with on-set standards, demands and need for attention to detail. Ability to creatively problem-solve in a high-volume workflow studio.
- Experience with merchandise coordination and demonstrates set management skills. Self-driven.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
- Meets deadlines, prioritize appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
- Is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Our open floor plan allows for a creative, collaborative and fun environment.
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k and paid time off.
- Additional perks to consider are generous employee discount, access to employee-only sales, café, weekly on-site physician, chiropractor, masseuse, gym, fitness and yoga classes, basketball court, and more.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.
E-Verify Poster: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (English): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/IER_RightToWorkPoster.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (Spanish): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/IER_RighttoWorkPosterES.pdf