Senior Human Resources Manager (DC/Fulfillment Center)
At Torrid we're committed to cultivating a welcoming, inclusive and diverse culture driven by a focus on open dialogue, empowerment, recruiting, training, development and retention. We believe inclusion of diverse backgrounds and perspectives is fundamental to our success.
As Senior Manager, Human Resources your primary responsibility will be leading the team at the Ohio Distribution Center (OHDC), ensuring our HR policies, Procedures and strategies are executed to support operations.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide leadership and establish a work environment through employee engagement that enables Torrid to be the “Employer of Choice” in the Columbus community
- Lead a team that supports all areas of human resources including talent acquisition, employee relations, employee engagement, inclusion, diversity and administration for our distribution facility.
- Conceptualize, plan and implement talent acquisition strategies to meet hiring initiatives for direct and temp hires.
- Increase bench strength through recruiting, coaching, and development of associates at multiple levels
- Acts as a strategic partner in supporting business transformation as well as the employee experience.
- Ensure Torrid's associate orientation provides the best onboarding experience.
- Manage and administer company training and other programs.
- Coordinate and lead engagement initiatives
- Coach managers on effective associate management, associate retention, and associate recognition and development techniques.
- Manage compliance with company, federal, state and local policies, and regulations related to employment, compensation, workers’ compensation, and security for the OHDC.
- Manage employee relations and investigations leading to appropriate action and resolution.
- Coach and develop managers to effectively communicate, set appropriate expectations in behavior and performance which protects the associate, and the physical and financial assets of the company.
- Manage the associate separation process and collects/analyzes data to enhance the associate experience
What You’ll Need:
- 6+ years of experience in an HR Generalist/Manager role
- Background in associate relations and talent acquisition
- HR Distribution Center experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written communication.
- Proven record of leading people plus managing efficient teams and processes.
- Curiosity and passion for continuously improving processes to meet business needs.
- Ability to build collaborative partnerships at all levels across the organization.
- Illustrates a dedication to meeting the requirements of internal and external customers, responding to all customer requests promptly and thoroughly.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a team environment and ability to give honest, direct feedback
What You'll Get:
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.
E-Verify Poster: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (English): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/IER_RightToWorkPoster.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (Spanish): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/IER_RighttoWorkPosterES.pdf
California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA): https://careers.jobvite.com/torrid/2023-CPRA-Applicant-Notice.pdf
EEO Poster: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf