Work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19
The Financial Analyst will assist the Manager in budgeting, forecasting, reporting, and analysis. Analyzes all levels of the business as well as interacts with senior management according to the project needs. This position reports to Manager, Financial Planning.
What You'll Do:
• Provides financial analysis support to various areas of the company.
• Assists in the annual budgeting process, including store and corporate expenses, capital expenses, and balance sheet items.
• Collaborates proactively with department heads to ensure budgeted goals are met.
• Assists with short and long-term financial forecasts.
• Updates forecast in an accurate and timely manner based on information provided by department heads.
• Assists with preparation of weekly, monthly, and quarterly financial analysis schedules of actual vs. budget variances.
• Provides insightful revenue and expense reporting and analyses on a recurring and ad-hoc basis and enables senior management to make informed decisions.
• Develops daily store sales plans based on prior-year trends, recent trends, and communication with merchants and senior management.
• Performs tracking and analysis of store performance.
• Performs other job duties as needed.
What You'll Need:
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field
• Minimum of 1-2 years related work experience in financial analysis
• Prior retail industry experience is preferred
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrates solid MS Excel/spreadsheet skills.
• Comfortable working with complex financial models.
• Basic working knowledge of database software.
• Accounting skills - this position will be working closely with our Accounting department and must have a solid understanding of accounting principles.
• Dedicated to meeting requirements of internal and external customers, responding to all customer requests promptly and thoroughly.
• Strong communication skills including the ability to work in a team environment, give direct feedback, and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.
E-Verify Poster: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (English): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/IER_RightToWorkPoster.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (Spanish): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/IER_RighttoWorkPosterES.pdf
California Consumer Privacy Act Applicant Notice (CCPA): https://careers.jobvite.com/hottopic/torrid/Applicant-CCPA-Notice.pdf
EEO Poster: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf