Design Director, Intimates
At Torrid we're committed to cultivating a welcoming, inclusive and diverse culture driven by a focus on open dialogue, empowerment, recruiting, training, development and retention. We believe inclusion of diverse backgrounds and perspectives is fundamental to our success.
Work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19.
MUST PROVIDE LINK TO PORTFOLIO OR SAMPLES OF WORK IN RESUME.
This position is responsible for establishing overall design standards for the Intimates category and ensuring design quality is aligned with Torrid goals. Manages design team and execution process to ensure all deadlines are met. Works closely with key cross-functional teams including design, art department, tech design, merchandising and planning.
What You'll Do:
- Inspire creativity within the team and foster new concepts that expand on brand-defining products and technologies
- Motivate and lead a team to create innovative solution-driven products
- Lead concept process and approve seasonal product strategy and direction
- Implement strategies according to plans, monitor progress and make the necessary adjustments to achieve objectives.
- Set, align and communicate departmental goals, convey positive and realistic expectations to the team.
- Analyze business management reports and make recommendations to Product Leader to help drive business results.
- Researches global market to identify new trends, fabric, trim, fit and hardware pieces and other raw materials.
- Lead and coach staff to help meet functional and financial goals, monitor employee performance, provide feedback and develop team through formal and on-the-job training.
- Ensure garments meet fit, comfort and construction goals for their respective categories
- Build strong and synergistic relationships with cross-functional partners; Merchandising, Marketing, Technical Design, PD and Production
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in the field of Design, Apparel Design, Technical Design
- 7-10 years in design and/or product development in vertical retail and e-commerce companies
- Knowledge of Intimate Apparel - Bra and Panty construction and category-specific fabrications including a strong understanding of Bra pad and wire development preferred
- Strong design ability with an excellent fashion radar and color sensibility
- Strong aesthetic with exceptional silhouette, color and trend forecasting ability
- Clear communicator with effective presentation skills, an entrepreneurial mind with the ability to work in a team environment, gives honest, direct feedback
- Detail-oriented; ability to perform with a high degree of accuracy.
- Is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues.
- Meets deadlines, prioritize appropriately, copes well with changes, and maintains composure under pressure.
- Proficient in PLM, Microsoft Office, Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.
E-Verify Poster: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (English): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/IER_RightToWorkPoster.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (Spanish): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/IER_RighttoWorkPosterES.pdf
California Consumer Privacy Act Applicant Notice (CCPA): https://careers.jobvite.com/hottopic/torrid/Applicant-CCPA-Notice.pdf
EEO Poster: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf