Associate Tax Accountant
Work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19
Provides support for the Tax Department as needed and assists in collecting necessary tax information, researching and tax inquiries, and remitting tax returns and payments. Prepares indirect tax returns. The position reports to Senior Manager, Tax.
What You'll Do:
- Prepares and files business licenses, occupational taxes, and corporate annual reports.
- Works closely with outside consulting firm providing personal property tax service to ensure property tax compliance and payments.
- Reconciles business license and personal property tax accounts.
- Prepares and files Sales Tax returns as needed.
- Assists in collecting information for all sales tax, use tax, and personal property tax audits.
- Reviews and updates monthly sales/use tax rate changes.
- Prepares written communication indirect tax issues (i.e., refund claims, needed exemption forms, etc.)
- Provides customer service to other teams as needed such as helping AP secure the proper checks or getting business licenses for the construction team on an expedited basis.
- Prepares monthly journal entries timely and accurately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- An associate or bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience preferred.
- Previous experience in tax accounting preferred.
- Solid MS Word, Excel, and Outlook skills.
- Dedicates to meeting requirements of internal and external customers, responding to all customer requests promptly and thoroughly.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to work in a team environment; gives honest, direct feedback, and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
- Meets deadlines, prioritize appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
- Is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues.
- A culture where people are accepted and encouraged to be who they are.
- Our open floor plan allows for a creative, collaborative and fun environment.
- Competitive compensation, 401k with company matching contribution, plus potential to earn company performance-based bonuses.
- Comprehensive wellness package including, medical, dental, vision, FSA and on-site, chiropractic and massage therapy services as well as fitness and yoga classes.
- Generous 50% employee discount and access to employee-only sales.
- Support the causes you’re passionate about. We pay you up to 32 hours annually for volunteering your time in the community.
- Child Care Discount at participating locations.
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Aimed at helping employees address a variety of personal and family issues including legal financial consultations, mental health services and more.
- On-site gym, basketball court and car wash service. Commuter benefits. Discounts on cell phones, and computer purchases, entertainment tickets and more.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies.
- Work and learn alongside industry leading executives while making huge strides in impacting the lives of women.
- You’ll be challenged and grow. Opportunity for upward mobility available at all levels of the organization.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.
E-Verify Poster: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (English): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/IER_RightToWorkPoster.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (Spanish): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/IER_RighttoWorkPosterES.pdf
California Consumer Privacy Act Applicant Notice (CCPA): https://careers.jobvite.com/hottopic/torrid/Applicant-CCPA-Notice.pdf
EEO Poster: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf