Production Artist - Apparel
The Production Artist will be responsible for publishing artwork utilized on apparel, shoes, and accessories within the licensing department. In addition, the role will be responsible for overseeing the management of artwork separation and distribution to vendors/licensors (graphic & textile) at the pre-production stage. This includes a variety of graphic art and print production functions such as overseeing the preparation of artwork file separations, developing print-ready files for vendors, printing technique and color call outs, and managing digital assets to be utilized throughout the apparel production process.
What You'll Do:
- Manage the development of artwork files, which includes color separation, repeat layout and sizing, color call outs, and printing technique call outs of time-sensitive vendor and licensor communication materials.
- Reviews art submits with designers and product development partners to provide comments/approvals/recommendations for improvement regarding problem styles and executes edits to product for final production approval.
- Utilize expertise in color and computer applications to finalize graphic and textile designs and production callouts. Apply technical expertise as needed relative to scaling, graphic and print file color separation, repeating all over textile artwork and cleaning artwork files.
- Responsible for maintaining open communication and working relationship with cross-functional partners including design, product development, and domestic and oversea vendors.
- Performs other job duties as needed.
What you'll Need:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in apparel art room production within a fashion retail company and/or agency.
- Formal training (certified) and/or educational background in Graphic Arts preferred. AA or BA in Graphic Design preferred.
- Expert level proficiency in a MAC-based environment, utilizing Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various printing techniques including pre-production processes, artwork file preparation, and requirements for printing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across all areas and ability to provide direction to remote vendors (including overseas vendors).
- Strong commitment to ensuring quality and exceeding designer and merchant satisfaction expectations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively with others in a team environment.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Able to give timely honest, and direct feedback.
- Comfortable working in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment. Adaptive to change and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Flexibility to deadline demands and seasonal schedules.
- Meets deadlines, prioritize appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
- Is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues. Creative and effective problem-solving skills.
What You'll Get:
- A culture where people are accepted and encouraged to be who they are.
- Our open floor plan allows for a creative, collaborative and fun environment.
- Competitive compensation, 401k with company matching contribution, plus potential to earn company performance-based bonuses.
- Comprehensive wellness package including, medical, dental, vision, FSA and on-site, chiropractic and massage therapy services as well as fitness and yoga classes.
- Generous 50% employee discount and access to employee-only sales.
- Support the causes you’re passionate about. We pay you up to 32 hours annually for volunteering your time in the community.
- Child Care Discount at participating locations.
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Aimed at helping employees address a variety of personal and family issues including legal financial consultations, mental health services and more.
- On-site gym, basketball court and car wash service. Commuter benefits. Discounts on cell phones, and computer purchases, entertainment tickets and more.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies.
- Work and learn alongside industry leading executives while making huge strides in impacting the lives of women.
- You’ll be challenged and grow. Opportunity for upward mobility available at all levels of the organization.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.
E-Verify Poster: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (English): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/IER_RightToWorkPoster.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (Spanish): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/IER_RighttoWorkPosterES.pdf
California Consumer Privacy Act Applicant Notice (CCPA): https://careers.jobvite.com/hottopic/torrid/Applicant-CCPA-Notice.pdf
EEO Poster: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf