WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Live and promote a culture of safety by leading by example.
- Evaluate the workplace for hazards and generate job hazard assessments for job positions.
- Recommend measures to help protect workers from potentially hazardous work conditions.
- Coordinate and provide initial and renewal safety training to company associates.
- Inspect and audit project sites, warehouses, offices, and vehicles, equipment, and work practices to ensure both internal and external (OSHA) compliance.
- Ensure disciplinary actions are followed through when violations are found.
- Investigate accidents to identify their causes (contributing and root causes), determine how they might be prevented in the future, and communicate those findings to impacted team members (Safety Bulletin development).
- Ensure record keeping data is accurate and up to date (i.e.: training/weekly safety meeting rosters, certifications, incident forms, Safety Bulletins, exposure, and inspection/auditing records) for all locations.
- Maintain up to date incident database, safety report metrics (leading and lagging indicators), and OSHA 300, OSHA 300A, and OSHA 301 Logs.
- Support creation and revision of new/existing safety programs by keeping abreast of current safety regulations.
- Partner with HR and Operation Leaders to identify opportunities within the facility.
- Partner with BWC to identify programs that can provide safety value to the operation.
- Partner with OSHA to review/obtain certification through the Voluntary Protection Programs.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Associate degree or bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of OSHA guidelines.
- Strong work ethic, critical thinker, and excellent attention to detail (quality of work).
- Strong presentation/training skills.
- Strong computer knowledge, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Power point), email, internet, PDF editing, database management.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Positive and optimistic attitude.
- Must be comfortable working in a distribution environment.
- Must be flexible with schedule rotation based on business needs.
WHAT YOU'LL GET:
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K with company match, life insurance, short-term disability, paid time off and paid company holidays.
- Additional perks include quarterly bonus potential, associate discount 40%, tuition reimbursement, childcare discount program, etc.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (with or without reasonable accommodation)
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend and lift/move up to 10 pounds. May lift/move up to 30 pounds occasionally.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.
E-Verify Poster: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (English): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/IER_RightToWorkPoster.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (Spanish): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/IER_RighttoWorkPosterES.pdf
California Consumer Privacy Act Applicant Notice (CCPA): https://careers.jobvite.com/hottopic/torrid/Applicant-CCPA-Notice.pdf
EEO Poster: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf