Associate Designer - Denim
Work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19
Works closely with the Designer to develop and execute the assigned categories with the seasonal trend concepts and merchandise strategy. Manages design execution process to ensure all deadlines are met. The position reports to the Designer.
MUST SUBMIT PORTFOLIO LINK OR SAMPLES
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Designs and creates sketches and specs for Product Development team, including front and back sketch, construction details, illustration, material, trims, hardware spec.
- Creates style board for area of responsibility, showing silhouette and color, fabric, print/pattern options.
- partners with Designer in reviewing and approving design, lab dips, trims, and fabrics details, etc.
- Maintains design records and ensures line sheets are up to date.
- Researches global market to identify new trends trend, fabric, trim, fit, and hardware pieces and other raw materials.
- Works closely with the buying and technical design team throughout the development process to ensure the highest level of quality and integrity.
- Participates in fitting sessions and provides fit comments to ensure proper fit and brand integrity.
- Participates in the conceptual development of product lines in order to create and deliver effective, cohesive product presentations to sell concepts and convince others to adopt a course of actions.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Minimum 3 years of design experience including technical knowledge.
- Denim design experience preferred.
- High School Diploma required.
- Experience in junior marketing. Plus size experience preferred.
- Solid design and conceptual skills.
- Ability to set a creative tone and to inspire new ideas/concepts.
- Technical knowledge of fabric construction, finishes and techniques.
- Strong knowledge of silhouettes, fabrication, color, sewing techniques, graphics, and trim.
- Timely sense of trends and market direction encompassing color, fabric, and silhouette.
- Strong computer skills including Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Flexibility to deadline demands, seasonal schedules, and possible travel.
- Illustrates a dedication to meeting requirements of internal and external customers, responding to all customer requests promptly and thoroughly.
- Our open floor plan allows for a creative, collaborative and fun environment.
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k and paid time off.
- Additional perks to consider are generous employee discount, access to employee-only sales, café, masseuse, gym, fitness and yoga classes, basketball court, and more.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.
E-Verify Poster: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (English): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/IER_RightToWorkPoster.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (Spanish): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/IER_RighttoWorkPosterES.pdf
California Consumer Privacy Act Applicant Notice (CCPA): https://careers.jobvite.com/hottopic/torrid/Applicant-CCPA-Notice.pdf
EEO Poster: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf