External Financial Reporting Manager
We're growing. Like crazy. As a result, we're looking for an External Financial Reporting Manager to lead the external financial reporting team to provide timely and accurate reports to the SEC & other stakeholders, in accordance with GAAP. In this role, you will also identify and analyze accounting developments that may impact the company.
What You'll Do:
- Manage the external (quarterly and annual) review/audit process and liaise with external auditors and consultants.
- Prepare and file the quarterly and annual reports (similar format/content as Forms 10-Q and 10-K) accurately in a timely manner.
- If/when Torrid becomes a public company, manage the Form 10-Q /10-K (including XBRL tagging) filing process.
- Identify areas for business/financial accuracy, process and efficiency improvements working with all levels of management to drive change.
- Use knowledge of US GAAP and other accounting regulations and guidelines to determine qualitative and quantitative impact on Company.
- Conduct technical accounting research and document findings in a clear and concise technical position paper.
- Perform other ad hoc job duties and projects, as needed.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor degree in accounting or related field with CPA.
- Minimum 6 years of audit-related experience
- Big 4 public accounting firm supporting public companies.
- Retail client experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP and other accounting regulations.
- Hold self/others accountable for results while championing the company culture; celebrate success; look for innovative methods to resolve issues and achieve objectives.
- Lead, motivate and develop the team through delegating challenging tasks and empowering the team to make decisions; foster fair, respectful, and supportive environment while providing honest and direct feedback.
- Create a safe environment that encourages innovation and risk-taking.
- Articulate, present and influence others to gain buy-in on new ideas/changes; has a track record of taking consistently innovative approaches and maximize the outcomes.
- Develop goals and plans with consideration to overall company objectives.
- Anticipate changing priorities and effectively adjust and communicate plans to all affected teams.
- Stay current on the retail industry - competitors, trends (music and/or fashion), P&L components, and business in general.
- Listen fully and demonstrate the ability to take feedback and adapt behavior accordingly.
- Provide a balance of positive and constructive feedback in a direct and honest manner.
- Foster open dialogue and be a fearless and respectful communicator, managing difficult conversations with all levels.
What You'll Get:
- Our open floor plan allows for a creative, collaborative and fun environment.
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k and paid time off.
- Additional perks to consider are generous employee discount, access to employee-only sales, café, masseuse, gym, fitness and yoga classes, basketball court, and more.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.
E-Verify Poster: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (English): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/IER_RightToWorkPoster.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (Spanish): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/IER_RighttoWorkPosterES.pdf