District Manager - NATIONWIDE
We are looking for a District Manager for Torrid with specialty apparel, multi-unit experience who will be responsible for leading and directing a group of stores towards achieving company objectives. The District Manager's role is to achieve district operational consistency and to communicate and implement company directives in partnership with the Regional Director and HQ.
- Ensures that all stores achieve sales plans and/or comp sales goals.
- Delivers District UPT and ADT performance in line with the Company average.
- Manages District shrink within the Company guidelines and goals.
- Manages District payroll hours within the Company guidelines.
- Identifies, recruits and hires candidates that are selling and fashion focused.
- Proactively determines District manpower needs and maintains a pool of qualified candidates (internal and external).
- Minimizes turnover by hiring and retaining qualified people that are career focused and fit the Torrid culture and image.
- Facilitates professional growth of management by identifying developmental needs and providing opportunities for learning.
- Demonstrates a proven track record of developing and promoting associates to higher positions within the Company.
- Educates and develops team on women’s fashion trends, image and sales techniques.
- Holds associates accountable for their performance and development, and provides them with timely feedback and coaching.
- Coaches and offers feedback to ensure all store associates utilize selling philosophy to provide the Torrid Experience to every customer every time they come into a Torrid store.
- Stays current on new fashion trends and styles impacting the Torrid business
- Is the fashion inspiration for all associates/customers and ensures the Torrid image is well represented by all associates.
- Ensures the store environment is appealing to customers with excellent visual merchandising, encouraging customers to return.
- Coaches store management to maximize selling, effectively scheduling staff and monitoring floor coverage.
- Partners with HQ, RD, store management, or mall marketing office, etc, to identify sales opportunities and initiate actions.
- Communicates business objectives and provides feedback to the store teams regarding their business/financial results.
- Represents the Company and Torrid brand with integrity to customers, associates and business partners.
- Provides fair and consistent leadership to all stores within the District and motivates for improvement regardless of store results.
- Recognizes and appreciates the contributions of all team members.
- Represents the Torrid image in their own personal appearance.
- Ensures store compliance with all Company policies and procedures including but not limited to operational, merchandising, financial, administration, compensation, safety, salary and loss prevention policies and procedures.
- Is aware of and ensures store compliance with all Federal, State and/or local laws and regulations.
- Visits each store regularly, completes Store Visit Guides, and audits procedures accordingly.
- Ensures all stores maintain housekeeping standards to provide a clean and safe environment for customers and associates.
- Ensures that stores are merchandised to planogram and makes adjustments as needed to drive sales.
- Communicates merchandise needs and issues to merchants and analysts.
- Minimum 5 years of specialty/apparel management experience and at least 1-2 years as District Manager or equivalent.
- Knowledge of women’s fashion is a must and knowledge of fashion for Torrid targeted market and plus-size customer needs is preferred.
- Minimum of high school graduate or GED equivalent. College degree a plus.
- Illustrates a dedication to meeting requirements of internal and external customers, responding to all customer requests promptly and thoroughly.
- Strong communication skills including ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
- Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
- Is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues.
- Flexible and adaptive to environment, ideas, changes and challenges.
- Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation).
- Able to travel frequently.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend and lift/move up to 10 pounds. May lift/move up to 30 pounds occasionally.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.
E-Verify Poster: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (English): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/IER_RightToWorkPoster.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (Spanish): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/IER_RighttoWorkPosterES.pdf